Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by ziggiau » 03 October 14 4:52 pm

Just dropping in to say hello - I'm Eva (aka: ziggiau or just plain ziggi) and a caching newbie who has two geokids in tow for most finds. This seems to be a distinct advantage as it offers two extra sets of eyes and smaller hands that are willing to hunt for things in places I may be reluctant to. Only downside is that they run out of enthusiasm sooner than I do.

We're based in the St George area of Sydney and busting to tackle all our local caches ASAP! Truly, I haven't been doing much else while at home but planning which caches we'll attempt while we're out an about. Even got the geohusband involved on date night - no trip to the city is complete without a cache or three.

I'm super keen to place interesting caches in suburbia and have a bunch of ideas in mind once I've clocked a few more finds and trawled the forums to get on top of things. I think I've got a handle on the basics but the more I read the more I see that there is some interesting complexity yet to reveal itself.

Currently only using the Intro app, but based on others comments, I may be asking Santa to pop a GPSr under the tree this year. Looking forward to getting involved with the local caching community.

Team737
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lee.drury.71066/

Post by Team737 » 08 October 14 10:31 am

Hi there....
New to GC, have had some fun doing some local caches lately, with 5&2yo in tow.... Did some extreme-geocaching on the weekend - pushing/carrying a pram up Mount Sugarloaf, lucky we found the cache! :)
Lee

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 09 October 14 6:51 am

Hello lee738, and ziggiau!

As you have kids, go for the larger caches. Kids LOVE treasure! It's a good idea to trawl through the kids' stuff and steal good swaps before you go out. Some kids like this bit, but others prefer to be kept in ignorance.

Do let us know how you get on, and come back if you have questions or problems. Or you can message me...

Have fun!

ziggiau
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 10 October 14 1:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome JAC. Reports on how I'm getting on - I'm diagnosing myself with a full blown addiction! I may only have started three weeks ago, but I haven't missed a day so far! And if I'm not out finding I'm reading the forums (and occasionally people get fed in my house too). I have oodles of questions but I'll save them for the Sydney meetup at Homebush this weekend.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 11 October 14 8:56 am

There are facebook pages, too. It might be helpful for you to look at one for people near you. I'm sure the people at the event will be able to help with that.

Pinki24
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Pinki24 » 17 January 15 7:41 pm

Hi all, My name is Brigitte, but I log finds under Pinki24 (leftover from my motorcycle riding days).
My son who is 17 introduced me to geocaching just before we flew up to Port Douglas for the last 12 days.
Let's just say that, he is no longer the only one who is doing it now.
I have been to Port Douglas and their surrounds quite a few times, but with geocaching, it introduced me to areas that I would never have gone to, some really spectacular!
I paid for the basic membership and within a few days upgraded to the premium membership.

I am still new to this, but have been able to rack up 40 finds whilst on holidays.
I have a basic understanding of making sure I log any trackables located,
make sure that I say more than 'TFTC' in logging a find
making sure that I put everything back where I find it
and to look out for 'muggles' :lol:

I am so happy that my son has introduced me to this fun way of seeing areas.
I suspect that now we are back in Melbourne that I shall be going out searching more than him :wink:

I still have to work out the more complicated matters about geocaching and I will be purchasing a new GPS soon as I find the GPS on my phone is not as accurate as what I would like it to be.

Look forward to learning a lot more on here.

Jules

Post by Jules » 28 February 15 7:07 pm

Hi i am juli just started, i use my iphone but have a gps on order. I live in the dandenong ranges, heaps of caches where i live. The dandenong ranges is just out of melbourne near Belgrave. Still cannot find the cache near belmont tower. My husband has started caching too.

adventure-f0x

Post by adventure-f0x » 20 March 15 1:02 pm

Hello! :D My name is Felicia aka. Adventure-f0x and I've been geocaching on and off since 2012 but have only just recently joined this fourm.

My 'home base' is Sydney, but I'm currently living in BC, Canada. (You might also find me in the Victorian High Country for the Winter).

I'm due back to the Land Down Under in a months time and ready to tackle more finds. Always interested in going out for a geocache, so if you're in the Sydney area or Victorian High Country area (depending on the time of the year) and want someone to geocache with then you came find me here feliciaffox@gmail.com :D

Donutholes

Post by Donutholes » 25 March 15 10:49 am

Hey there.

My name is Kim aka Donutholes
I have just moved to Geelong VIC from Kununurra W.A
I haven't been caching to long, maybe 2 years but I have found caches in Japan, New Zealand, Fiji and of course Australia.

If anyone wants/needs a caching buddy, count me in

Cheers

ozglory

Post by ozglory » 12 June 15 10:52 pm

\:D/ We are Michael & Gloria. AKA "ozglory" we live in a wilderness area on the edge of The Great Dividing Range, 32k inland from Kempsey NSW. We have only been Geocaching for about a Month. We are already well and truly hooked. Our Son & Daughter-in-law & their 4 geokids under 5 also are as hooked as we are.
We are planning a trip From Gunnedah, to visit friends & rellies in Victoria from early July, so we hope to meet some other geocachers on our trip. Of course we hope to go hunting for treasure (as the grand-kids call it)on our way. We may take a while to get there, and we may take even longer to get home.
Happy searching everyone. :lol:

suzuiq

Post by suzuiq » 04 July 15 1:07 pm

hi all this is my first post . I have just started geocaching I am in Bonbeach Victoria any recommendations for my fist hunt?

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 05 July 15 6:39 pm

Suzuiq: Just look at a map and find one near your home. That's usually a good start.
You'll love it!

NewBearing

Post by NewBearing » 05 July 15 11:14 pm

Hello all. New guy from Brisbane, just starting out. hope to have fun while I am here

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 05 July 15 11:16 pm

Hi.
I don't think I've ever introduced myself here. Just started putting my 2 cents in.
I am No_Tomorrow, aka Linda. I currently live in Dubbo NSW. I started geocaching 6 years ago in Canberra and the Snowy Mountains without a GPS so didn't get very far with it back then.

My geocaching name is a statement, that you just don't know what tomorrow will bring, so don't keep putting things off till tomorrow. Besides, tomorrow never comes. Maybe Tomorrow used to be my motto but I've grown to realise I never got anything done that way and missed plenty of opportunities.

I started making video blogs (vlogs) of my geocaching adventures this year too. You can find them here: youtube.com/channel/UCPyFQAoEuDyPBIYRsAafxUA/videos

BendSinister

Post by BendSinister » 04 November 15 9:18 am

--
Last edited by BendSinister on 25 August 19 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.