States of the Nation

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
tronador
6500 or more caches found

States of the Nation

Post by tronador » 22 January 18 8:40 am

Thank you to the admins for running this fun game. All the caches I found were well placed and of good quality.
It brought lots of people together, some who had never participated in these fun games before. A well fought out competition.

2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: States of the Nation

Post by 2y'stassies » 22 January 18 9:33 am

Thank you to all the administrators who set up and ran this years summer games. We had a lot of fun hiding and finding caches but most of all helping teams new to the GA site and games navigate their way around. It was a real buzz to hear their enthusiasm. Yes there were challenges but isn't that the case in life in general. The thrill is finding an acceptable solution to the challenge. Thankfully we have GCA and its administrators who allow this to happen. We feel robust discussion via the forum usually results in a good out come rather than a reviewer saying no before your idea gets a chance to be tested.

Once again thank you to all those involved with the organisation and running of this years game hopefully you will now be able to have a month or two headache free. Well done =D> =D> =D> =D>

Nessell

Post by Nessell » 22 January 18 12:11 pm

I would like to also add my thanks to the admins and organisers of these games. Its clear a lot of planning and thought goes into these and much unseen work behind the scenes. It is very much appreciated.

I’m fairly new to GCA and these were my first games. Really enjoyed the wide range of scavenges and strategising involved which added a whole new dimension to my caching. Looking forward to the next games but in the meantime I can see myself doing a lot more GCA caching because of the quality of caches and variety of cache types!

Thanks again!

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 22 January 18 12:43 pm

Yes, a big thanks to another excellent GCA game .. well done to the organisers. =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ :minotaur

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Post by MavEtJu » 24 January 18 12:09 pm

Is there going to be an official "You're the winners!" posting which I can use as advertisement materials in various facebook groups?

Edwin

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 24 January 18 8:48 pm

MavEtJu wrote:Is there going to be an official "You're the winners!" posting which I can use as advertisement materials in various facebook groups?

Edwin
There certainly will be. Just ironing out a few minor details before an official announcement.

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Post by MavEtJu » 25 January 18 7:54 am

J_&_J wrote:There certainly will be. Just ironing out a few minor details before an official announcement.
Thank you!
Edwin

Geocaching Australia

Post by Geocaching Australia » 26 January 18 11:54 am

Congratulations to the ACT, the best state of the nation, for taking out first place in the States of the Nation geocaching game. Each ACT team member who made the minimum contribution will receive an email confirming their win and ask for their address information so we can get their prize out to them.

Congratulations also go to the top 5 placed geocachers in each other state who will receive an email and be asked to provide their address information for a reward. Everyone who participated will receive a virtual reward on their geocacher page commemorating their participation in the States of the Nation game.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of this game and the administrators J_&_J and Sol de lune for running this years game.

tronador

Post by tronador » 29 January 18 10:08 pm

I received my email today....thank you. .....