Christmas in July Game

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Re: Christmas in July Game

Post by whitewebbs » 17 August 17 7:44 pm

As there wasn't 40 pathtags won during the recent games, will there be a chance to win one in the trivia game (if run again) or something similar? I have had it wishlisted for 19 days already and am not expecting the wish to be filled that way as a very coveted tag.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 17 August 17 8:19 pm

There may be a giveaway in the future. We just need to wait and see whether any get lost in the mail before we know how many we have left.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 17 August 17 10:13 pm

whitewebbs wrote:As there wasn't 40 pathtags won during the recent games, will there be a chance to win one in the trivia game (if run again) or something similar? I have had it wishlisted for 19 days already and am not expecting the wish to be filled that way as a very coveted tag.
The trivia game is still on the cards and I still have a number of tags to give away, though the idea was to try and increase interaction with the site and get more people exploring the statistics and extras we can provide to encourage more people to use GCA as both a listing and hiding site. We have over 4200 people following us on facebook (I can't comment on twitter or how many emails we send out each day) but yet it was generally the same few (always <20) people entering each week so we decided to have a pause, wait for a couple of other games to finish, and see if we can find a way to increase involvement.