View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 November 17 1:53 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
2017/2018 Summer Game 
Author Message
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Wright ACT
GCA Found: 3812
GCA Hidden: 200
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post 2017/2018 Summer Game
Is your state better than anyone else's?

Coming soon.

States of the Nation.

http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/gam ... fthenation

A Geocaching Australia game.


16 November 17 8:46 pm
Profile

Joined: 07 January 15 9:15 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Caringbah
GCA Found: 401
GCA Hidden: 493
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
I feel sorry for the players not in NSW because they will be so lost in the dust cloud behind us...


17 November 17 9:45 am
Profile E-mail WWW
1750 or more caches found
1750 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 06 June 15 1:36 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Como, Perth, W.A.
GCA Found: 1396
GCA Hidden: 34
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
Looking forward to a comp with new focus, outside the box; rather than more moveables.
If any challenge involves elevation above 1000m then ACT, NSW & VIC may have unfair advantage?


17 November 17 11:12 am
Profile E-mail
Online
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Posts: 14649
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 1041
GCA Hidden: 298
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
If are a sandgroper visiting any other state, then under the rule "If you claim a scavenge out of your home state (excluding locationless) then your points for that scavenge will be boosted by 50%. Go on an interstate geocache raid or go geocaching if you are travelling to boost your state scores." you are at an advantage.

Whereas if you're a cockroach or mexican raiding in the home of the sandgroper then you are at a disadvantage.

It's all perspective.


17 November 17 11:27 am
Profile E-mail WWW
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Wright ACT
GCA Found: 3812
GCA Hidden: 200
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
MavEtJu wrote:
I feel sorry for the players not in NSW because they will be so lost in the dust cloud behind us...


Because NSW is one big dust bowl?? :-" :-" You will probably finish no higher than 3rd. (Insert ACT emoji here....)


17 November 17 2:36 pm
Profile
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Wright ACT
GCA Found: 3812
GCA Hidden: 200
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
Lazarus_68 wrote:
Looking forward to a comp with new focus, outside the box; rather than more moveables.
If any challenge involves elevation above 1000m then ACT, NSW & VIC may have unfair advantage?


If there is a challenge like this, any ACT, NSW or Vic players probably found most of them during last years game, so no advantage at all really. :idea: :idea:


17 November 17 2:41 pm
Profile
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 04 February 04 10:55 pm
Posts: 4021
Location: Waitara, Sydney
GCA Found: 1290
GCA Hidden: 23
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
I have 2 weeks compulsory leave over Christmas (though will be on call the first week in case anything needs configuring at work for a disaster) but might well consider 2-3 days in the ACT the week after New Year doing a raid which would count for extra points, especially if I can find some cheap camping options, it's only a touch over 3 hours drive. My stats show 68 finds in ACT (which is in no way correct, you guys must have hijacked a lot of moveables I have found at some point) - project-gc shows I have 4 finds in the ACT and I don't recall any GA finds there on the 1 worktrip I did where I found 3, the other 1 was on the border when I moved over from Adelaide 10 years ago and came through the Snowy's doing it as a tourist run along the Murray with a then girlfriend.


17 November 17 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Wright ACT
GCA Found: 3812
GCA Hidden: 200
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
Richary wrote:
I have 2 weeks compulsory leave over Christmas (though will be on call the first week in case anything needs configuring at work for a disaster) but might well consider 2-3 days in the ACT the week after New Year doing a raid which would count for extra points, especially if I can find some cheap camping options, it's only a touch over 3 hours drive. My stats show 68 finds in ACT (which is in no way correct, you guys must have hijacked a lot of moveables I have found at some point) - project-gc shows I have 4 finds in the ACT and I don't recall any GA finds there on the 1 worktrip I did where I found 3, the other 1 was on the border when I moved over from Adelaide 10 years ago and came through the Snowy's doing it as a tourist run along the Murray with a then girlfriend.


Yeah, come on down. Couple of camp grounds / caravan parks for a tent or swag. Lots of GCA caches to choose from to keep you occupied for a couple of days that would soon swell your number of ACT finds.....


17 November 17 8:33 pm
Profile
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 17 August 09 10:44 am
Posts: 1734
Location: Sydney, NSW
GCA Found: 1196
GCA Hidden: 73
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
Sounding like fun!

Hopefully a few of my caches still waiting for FTF the last few months might finally see some love ;)


18 November 17 9:53 pm
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: 08 January 09 8:55 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Australia
GCA Found: 473
GCA Hidden: 91
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
Sol de Lune wrote:
Richary wrote:
I have 2 weeks compulsory leave over Christmas (though will be on call the first week in case anything needs configuring at work for a disaster) but might well consider 2-3 days in the ACT the week after New Year doing a raid which would count for extra points, especially if I can find some cheap camping options, it's only a touch over 3 hours drive. My stats show 68 finds in ACT (which is in no way correct, you guys must have hijacked a lot of moveables I have found at some point) - project-gc shows I have 4 finds in the ACT and I don't recall any GA finds there on the 1 worktrip I did where I found 3, the other 1 was on the border when I moved over from Adelaide 10 years ago and came through the Snowy's doing it as a tourist run along the Murray with a then girlfriend.


Yeah, come on down. Couple of camp grounds / caravan parks for a tent or swag. Lots of GCA caches to choose from to keep you occupied for a couple of days that would soon swell your number of ACT finds.....


...and wack some Griffin love on them. As much as you can. I've been saving points just for ACT caches. :twisted:
:griffin :griffin :griffin


19 November 17 7:19 am
Profile E-mail WWW
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 09 December 07 7:08 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Wright ACT
GCA Found: 3812
GCA Hidden: 200
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: 2017/2018 Summer Game
Quote:
...and wack some Griffin love on them. As much as you can. I've been saving points just for ACT caches. :twisted:
:griffin :griffin :griffin


Yeah yeah.....you've been saying that for years. I'll believe it when I see the logs come through..... :-# :-# :wink: :wink:


19 November 17 9:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.