Report dragonZone issues / problems here

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
nutwood

Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here

Post by nutwood » 05 May 14 10:00 pm

Taz wrote:While you're looking at colours and I hate to be picky but obviously I'm going to anyway.
You can't tell the difference on the map between Griffin and Minotaur.... not that it's a huge big deal, quite frankly you just click and find out who's got an area but they do look the same :wink:

:minotaur
They're not at all the same. Griffin is a gleaming gold colour, whilst Minotour is, well, a sort of brown..... :griffin :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 May 14 10:26 pm

nutwood wrote:
Taz wrote:While you're looking at colours and I hate to be picky but obviously I'm going to anyway.
You can't tell the difference on the map between Griffin and Minotaur.... not that it's a huge big deal, quite frankly you just click and find out who's got an area but they do look the same :wink:

:minotaur
They're not at all the same. Griffin is a gleaming gold colour, whilst Minotour is, well, a sort of brown..... :griffin :D
The Minotaurs are lucky I play the game fairly, otherwise the ... brown would be a lot more poop coloured :mrgreen:
I've darkened off the colour for Minotaur. The zones tend to get caches at Google, so it might take a while to show up, but when it does, I expect you will be able to notice a big distinction (and no it's not poop).

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 05 May 14 10:32 pm

Toriaz wrote:I don't think this counts as a bug, it just looks strange. I was in the zone control screen, looking to see who controlled various zones in NSW. I found Blue Mountains in the Griffin list. Then I clicked on Blue Mountains, and saw that it was coloured blue on the screen. Went back to zone control, looked up Cerebus controlled zones, and found Blue Mountains is also on their list.

Numbers for Blue Mountains are:
Griffin 13
Phoenix 8
Cerebus 13
Minotaur 5

So I'm guessing it's listed under both because they have the same number of points, but is coloured blue because Cerebus claimed it first?
caughtatwork wrote:
CraigRat wrote:Could we use a 5th colour to indicate 'under contention' or some such thing?
Interesting. It's very possible. I'll have a look tonight.
dragonZones under contention between clans are now coloured red. Click to see who is vying for control.
10 dZPoints to both CraigRat and Toriaz for this suggestion.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 May 14 7:15 pm

caughtatwork wrote: The Minotaurs are lucky I play the game fairly, otherwise the ... brown would be a lot more poop coloured :mrgreen:
I've darkened off the colour for Minotaur. The zones tend to get caches at Google, so it might take a while to show up, but when it does, I expect you will be able to notice a big distinction (and no it's not poop).
That's quite appropriate. Cow pats do tend to darken as they dry out and shrivel up. :D :griffin :?: :phoenix

Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Taz » 07 May 14 7:19 pm

nutwood wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: The Minotaurs are lucky I play the game fairly, otherwise the ... brown would be a lot more poop coloured :mrgreen:
That's quite appropriate. Cow pats do tend to darken as they dry out and shrivel up. :D :griffin :?: :phoenix
Ahem was that a gauntlet I saw tossed down to join it's mate that landed at my feet a few days ago?? I worked very hard to take over Launceston and surrounds thank you very much before you and your little friend came along! [-X

Taz

Post by Taz » 07 May 14 8:34 pm

Stating the obvious here but is it quite fair that the green clan are vastly outnumbering the others? :|

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 07 May 14 8:57 pm

Taz wrote:Stating the obvious here but is it quite fair that the green clan are vastly outnumbering the others? :|
That's why we didn't go green initially, but viewed from a Tasmanian perspective, there's quite a lot of bull.... :D :phoenix

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 08 May 14 8:37 am

Having just shifted allegiances, I was wondering what happens if I now allocate points to a cache I found as a Griffin. Will these now go to Phoenix, my new clan?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 May 14 8:50 am

nutwood wrote:Having just shifted allegiances, I was wondering what happens if I now allocate points to a cache I found as a Griffin. Will these now go to Phoenix, my new clan?
Yes, from the time of your clan defection, all new points (either gained or allocated) will be assigned under your new clan, regardless of what clan you were when you found the cache.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 08 May 14 9:17 am

caughtatwork wrote:
nutwood wrote:Having just shifted allegiances, I was wondering what happens if I now allocate points to a cache I found as a Griffin. Will these now go to Phoenix, my new clan?
Yes, from the time of your clan defection, all new points (either gained or allocated) will be assigned under your new clan, regardless of what clan you were when you found the cache.
Thanks for that. Definitely opens up possibilities. Due to time constraints we may have to abandon courtesy and make hay while the sun shines. Sorry Griffin!

Tuena
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by Tuena » 08 May 14 5:31 pm

The Clan numbers are out of alignment - time for the 2 Zs to be moved to the salt mines. Reverse alphabetical is the fairest means initially.

sharnie's tribe
9500 or more caches found

Post by sharnie's tribe » 13 May 14 9:55 am

We found five caches in the Devonport dragon zone on Sunday and have logged them all but on the Zone Control page it's only showing Phoenix as having found one cache in that zone. Won't give the clan control of the zone but would show us as a bit closer and perhaps inspire one of the other green teams to make a visit to try to grab control.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 May 14 10:31 am

sharnie's tribe wrote:We found five caches in the Devonport dragon zone on Sunday and have logged them all but on the Zone Control page it's only showing Phoenix as having found one cache in that zone. Won't give the clan control of the zone but would show us as a bit closer and perhaps inspire one of the other green teams to make a visit to try to grab control.
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6734 Controlled by Minotaur with a margin of 11.50
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6737 Controlled by Minotaur with a margin of 4.13
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6733 Controlled by Minotaur with a margin of 14.00
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0446 Controlled by Phoenix with a margin of 1.00
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga6732 Controlled by Minotaur with a margin of 4.13

"Finds" don't control a cache, dZPoints do. The Minotaur clan have allocated more points to 4 of the 5 caches than Phoenix, so they retain control. If you want to try and control, visit your Allocate Points page. http://geocaching.com.au/my/dragonzone/allocate You can then allocate some of your reserves against those cache and try to gain control.

sharnie's tribe

Post by sharnie's tribe » 13 May 14 11:05 am

Ok, thanks. Strategy!!!

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 16 May 14 12:12 pm

Small bug - On May 14th I managed to get my daily 0.5 points twice according to my point log....