dragonZone

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Re: dragonZone

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 24 March 17 1:41 pm

I've discovered another hitch in the dZ game. Found moveables in people's possession but still marked at posted coords - they can hold clan ownership over a zone when they are not even there and can't be accessed/found by others. It's a shame we don't have the logging option of "picked up" which is a find that automatically resets the coordinates to 0000000000...

I'm trying to plan a little caching while on holiday in a month. Was hoping to play a little dZ, but it isn't worth trying at all as a few zones are locked by such moveables (and some have points way too high for me to alter, and it wouldn't impact control on the state either). Although I might not be able to alter the moveables' points much, I could at least move them all together into one zone that I can't change, making a difference in others. :wink: :griffin
Of course I will be finding as many GCA caches as possible still, just not annoying hubby to find certain types in certain areas for dZ control. :)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 March 17 1:46 pm

We won't move a geocache to 0,0 as it would pick up about 17,000km each time we did. This problem existed prior to dZ.

If a geocache has been in the hands of someone too long and you think it may now be MIA, log a should be archived. The admins work through the list every now and then and a geocache that is not there and is essentially in an unknown location gets archived as MIA.

This is not as bad as archiving a geocache at GC. The cache holder can still log the fact that is was rehidden / moved and then the owner can reactive the listing by placing an archived log against it. Really at GCA an archive gets it off the lists but is not permanently gone and you need to beg to get it reinstated.

Use the tools of the site, log SBA on those which are absent and we'll all move on.

Sambuccasam
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by Sambuccasam » 19 May 18 10:17 am

tronador wrote:
Zalgariath wrote:Having players who have no tactical thinking could be hilarious actually with accidental moves having weird outcomes or frustrating moments when your carefully placed plans are unwittingly undone! Hehe
That would be me.
Yeah I had a team Phoenix member drop off two movables behind my house while passing through. Did me no favours. They did not deploy dz points to cache and as the only active Phoenix member in Brisbane I guard my zones quite carefully against invaders. So any team Phoenix members passing through please bring moveables to Brisbane with Phoenix high points ownership and make sure to deploy points. It's not easy being GREEN...lol

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found

Post by whitewebbs » 28 May 18 11:11 am

Just checking the new bonus points you get for finding caches under clan conrol and see nothing except daily dZ points. I found GA12306, 12302, 3645, 12305, 12047, 12301 yesterday and clicked on link and no extra points. Are they hiding somewhere else. All controlled by Minotaur. Any points are appreciated as have been allocating with enhancer and my total is dwindling away.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 May 18 12:40 pm

Bonus points are awarded for controlling a geocache or zone.
Additional points for find a geocache your clan controls or does not control are simply added to your cacher points for the find.
e.g. TP7581 earned you a total of 42 points which is higher than it would have been last week. As the geocache did not change control there is no bonus.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 28 May 18 1:00 pm

Thanks for that. I can see the 42 points under "geocache points" and not under "other" where link takes you. So the big bonuses will appear on "other" if I find a cache and take control.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 May 18 2:24 pm

Yeah, not well worded.

The two small bonus points are wrapped into your normal points.
The two larger bonus points for controlling a cache or zone will show in "other".

sirius Tas

Post by sirius Tas » 03 June 18 2:04 pm

Just a query on other pts...if its ok.
Today...a single find gave geocache pts of 10.5×12=126 all above board it seems.
The other pts were 10.5×60=630
giving total pts gain of 756??
Which IMO makes any future trophy pts almost redundant???

sirius Tas

Post by sirius Tas » 03 June 18 10:47 pm

Just sorted my own query....2nd to 11th june...
6×geocache pts
As in above 6×126=756

All clear now...
Many thanks
Cheers.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 12 June 18 11:14 pm

I'm still so confused by the dZ bag. No need to explain it, I can read, I'm just slow to learn.

What I would like to know is why I can gain control of a geocache I don't think I've ever found in a zone I don't recall ever being in? I haven't done so. I don't really know what I have done with the dz bag contents but I'm pretty sure I only did it to caches/trigs I've found recently or own.

Also, one of my caches that hasn't been found in a long time was smashed with a dZ bag item this weekend putting it under control of a different clan than before. No one has found it for ages. I liked the 1 week rule on caches found. Even 1 month would be good. Forever for owned caches of course.

One last question while I'm thinking about it, since the deluge of dZ points flooding the game this weekend, will there ever be a chance to get anywhere near the top 10 again? I wasn't so far off before, but now.... won't happen.

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 12 June 18 11:45 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:I'm still so confused by the dZ bag. No need to explain it, I can read, I'm just slow to learn.

What I would like to know is why I can gain control of a geocache I don't think I've ever found in a zone I don't recall ever being in? I haven't done so. I don't really know what I have done with the dz bag contents but I'm pretty sure I only did it to caches/trigs I've found recently or own.

Also, one of my caches that hasn't been found in a long time was smashed with a dZ bag item this weekend putting it under control of a different clan than before. No one has found it for ages. I liked the 1 week rule on caches found. Even 1 month would be good. Forever for owned caches of course.

One last question while I'm thinking about it, since the deluge of dZ points flooding the game this weekend, will there ever be a chance to get anywhere near the top 10 again? I wasn't so far off before, but now.... won't happen.
You can apply Boosters, Controllers and Enhancers to any valid dZ cache that you have found in the preceding six months. You can apply Disruptors to any you cache you own, even if you hid the cache prior to you joining dragonZone.

Any cache that you own, that has changed clan through a Booster, Enhancer or Controller, would have been found by someone during the last six months. If this is not the case, please lets us know the cache ID so that we can look into it and squash any bugs that may be present in the coding.

As for your last question, well, that's up to you to work out how you can use these new tools to your favour. You're nearly 7000 dZ points above my level, so relatively speaking, from my point of view, you're doing OK.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 13 June 18 8:17 am

J_&_J wrote: You can apply Boosters, Controllers and Enhancers to any valid dZ cache that you have found in the preceding six months...

Any cache that you own, that has changed clan through a Booster, Enhancer or Controller, would have been found by someone during the last six months...

You're nearly 7000 dZ points above my level, so relatively speaking, from my point of view, you're doing OK.
Aha! I see now. The zone issue was only moved moveables that I forgot I found at the mega. 6 months is a long time. The way I used to strategically play was to wait till day 6 after finding a cache that others found at the same time and add my points hopefully after everyone else to attempt to control it. That is obviously useless strategy now... among others.

Owned caches had been found by newly controlling clan within 6 months. I thought it had been longer. Amazing just how destructive these new items can be to past strategic points allocations.

I used to be a few thousand points from the top 10. After this weekend I'm now nearly 50 thousand points from the top ten. You see my dilema? To average things out, it would now take me 3125 x 16 pointed caches to make that up with regular points.

sirius Tas

Post by sirius Tas » 20 June 18 12:18 am

Re DZ pts for logging TP7623 East Jukes.
At the time of logging the find...joint control was had by both Cerebus & Minotaur with equal pts.
Also, at the time of logging the West Coast (M) - dragonZone was also in joint control by both Cerebus & Minotaur with 16 each.
Finding the Trig gave control to Cerebus...as well as control of the West Coast 'M'.....thereby giving Cerebus 17 to Minotaur 16....yet the only points given for the find were 8× normal geocache points????
I thought a generous bonus was available for a find/hide which enables zone/cache control....yet in this case was actually way less than normal?
So gaining zone control was of no benefit????

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 June 18 12:18 pm

Joint control means you are in control so no bonus for taking sole control.

sirius Tas

Post by sirius Tas » 20 June 18 1:03 pm

Yep...I get it now. That makes it a whole lot trickier than I first thought. I'll have to think a bit harder...lol.
Liking the concept though....many thanks..cheers.