Mapquest on OBR04 site

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Geodean
200 or more found
200 or more found

Mapquest on OBR04 site

Post by Geodean » 26 April 04 11:43 am

The OBR04 site now has a mapquest feature. :)
<p>
If u want to check the location of any of the racing bugs and you can only be bothered to type teampiggy.com because Geocaching.com to is too long, then go check it out :D
<p>
A few more features will be added soon but please hold tight, Piggy and I r kinda busy with work and travel etc. so when i get back to the UK :cry: i will give the site some more attention. :!:
<p>
<a href="http://www.teampiggy.com/5Oz_Bug_Race/">Oz Bug Race 2004 website</a>

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 26 April 04 12:03 pm

Just wanted to Thank Dean for all the help he has given to a fair number of cachers here for their website layouts etc..
(Ever tried coding html with trotters ?)
Sad to see him heading back to Old Blighty, :cry: but you know your welcome back at any time..
Thanks Mate ! :D

And I have just finished going thru with Dean on the Placings page, that should hopefully be online very soon.

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 26 April 04 1:09 pm

Feel free to send the scripts over :P

If anyone has an easy way of doing this without hundreds of hours of data input we would like to know.

We were hoping to use the scripts form the Dutch Bug race site, which did exactly as you have suggested on world and clickable maps.
Except it appears they are pissed off because some of the bugs didnt ever get out of the starting cache (Someone still has hold of them :evil: ).

At this stage you can follow the links to the bugs page and see its travels thru it's own tracking page..

Geodean
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Geodean » 27 April 04 12:13 am

I suppose it isnt weather we can or can't do it, cause i know we can !!! its just a matter of time....

Mapping is something i'm working on for other projects too (e.g. TeamPiggy.com & Deanread.com) so i will apply it to the bug site as soon as its finished.

But ... If any of you clever guys out there happen to have some VBscript code that can position points on maps using Decimal Lat Longs then please send it over cause it would save us loads of time :wink: