removing multiple TBs

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

removing multiple TBs

Post by Map Monkey » 10 April 04 10:27 pm

hi,

sounds silly......

Is it acceptable to remove more than one TB from a cache :?:

i am going to a cache very soon that possibly has 4 TBs :!: there and would like to remove 2 or 3 to a better location (to help them get home :) ). I intend moving them on within a week.....promise :wink:

AGSMKY

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 10 April 04 11:54 pm

Personally I have no problem with it, and if you are going to the caches I think you are talking about I would encourage it, as they are a bit isolated and the TB"s need a helping hand.

Oh and a big thanks too :D

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 12 April 04 10:59 am

I think that I took 4 TB's from a cache. They had been there a long time and I thought that it would be a good idea to move them all along into different caches. No one seemed to have a problem with it and I would do it again if the occasion arose . The only time I would leave them is if the cache setter said only one at a time.
Good luck.

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 12 April 04 11:52 am

I would take them all if they are a bit out of the way and have been there a while, if you are going to replace them soon then even better.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 12 April 04 1:41 pm

I kind of feel it's my duty to take Travel Bugs when I come across them. After all, it is their purpose to be moved.

What is the etiquette of taking TBs from Caches you have already found though? I drop TBs off in my caches to try and attract more visitors but I wouldn't be upset if someone that had already found my cache moved them. Other people might not feel the same way though.

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 12 April 04 2:40 pm

We personally don't care how many times a person/team visits our caches - just leave a found it log on your first visit & then note logs there after.
It's nice to see who's been actively visiting our caches. :D

As far as TB's are concerned, we have no problems with the number that are moved at any one time. We usually follow the golden rule of Take something - Leave something.
It doesn't matter what we take out of a cache, TB or trinket, we like to leave some item for each item we take (it helps keep that cache well stocked).

... that's how we play the game/sport anyway! :wink:

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 12 April 04 3:54 pm

I agree with the above. If the cache is well frequented, I only take one and leave the other/s for someone else to 'play' with.

I have dropped by caches that I've previously and owned to collect or drop off TBs.

My only condition (a personal one) is that I know I can move it to somewhere it hasn't been (and a decent distance).