Who are "the watchers?"

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Ginger Loon
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by The Ginger Loon » 02 April 04 2:28 pm

Mix76 wrote:*edit cache page

"Oh.. 4 people watching this cache."
Yes that's what I call a hard refresh. The pages on the secondary site are usually cached instead of generated from the db each call, so sometimes it is necessary to edit the cache to generate a new copy of the page. I have to do this every so ofter to my Radio K.A.O.S. cache page as it keeps telling me I only have 300 or so logs against it instead of the thousand or so I know it has.. :D

Anyway the upshot of it all is that I will know when someone finds our Glorious Dead cache... :wink:

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 09 April 04 7:34 pm

Ahem! Since I am one of the few Red Ochre Cachers not driven by my find number - Take it in my stride just when and what is an appropriate responce time to develop a drafted / proofed and carefully considered text for a cache log.

In other words Mix - Bite me! :P

He he!

The Bronze.

Mix

Post by Mix » 10 April 04 12:55 am

Ahem! Since I am one of the few Red Ochre Cachers not driven by my find number - Take it in my stride just when and what is an appropriate responce time to develop a drafted / proofed and carefully considered text for a cache log.

In other words Mix - Bite me!
Bull. You is just lazy! Your "I don't care about my count" is just cover for the fact that you have a low count and I am not talking about caches, you don't draft / proof and carefully considered text for a cache log, you just forget to log it till I give you a hard time then you dump out a log to save face you are whatÂ’s wrong with Dubbo its full of lazy slack jawed yokels who canÂ’t remember were they left there keys out in the bush at 1 am at night, no wait only you do that. What was I saying oh that right I wouldnÂ’t bite you if you were made of chocolate you big VW loving bed bug.<br>
its on.

Bronze

To Richard Cranium

Post by Bronze » 10 April 04 9:00 am

Don't be such a big girls blouse. Your crap logs amount to "I was ere" :roll: . Uh Duh!

Glorious Dead is a nice place with a predictable cache which shows just how green you really are at caching Mix. It's not the numbers its how long you've been in it. Ask any one here. I digress - how predictable: The wife saw the rocks piled over it from the car window and said "It's there!", yesterday pulled up at "Baby's First Cache" and she said "It's There". I hate it when she right - this is my hobby, she just along for the ride.

Now when you mature a little you will realise you can backdate your logs which means you can sit and consider carefully what the appropriate response should be unlike in the log book in the cache itself. When it pleases me I will log "Baby's First Cache" in my own good time.

The Bronze.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 10 April 04 9:13 am

Oh - and your better refresh you pages again big fella. There'll be one less watchin your caches to see logs like "Thanks Mix for once again another ordinary cache - nice paint job though!".

Funny how you didn't have a go at me yesterday - had to wait until you got to Newcastle. Guess where I'm goin at lunchtime ya big girl? But unlike yourself I'm doin real caching in the Barringtons where there isn't a net connection and a soft bed.

Get this everyone - Go camping to lay out Buckleys- I sleep on the ground mix sleeps in the car. Not a bloody mosquito in sight yet the softest place for his baby bum head in in the back of the forester on a matress. Camping my arse. Coulda fit the microwave in he wouldv'e.

If your comin out to Winter out West and your one of the few people who might want to meet Mix, make sure your around the camp between 11 and 3 because it will be too cold for him outside his caravan between those hours.

The Bronze.

Mix

Post by Mix » 11 April 04 11:51 am

ItÂ’s a log not an essay when somebody finds a cache they may wish to read over all the logs, if I get there after you (which doesnÂ’t happen much) I skip the cacophony of irrelevant drivel often left by you. I see the point as the location so spend a few moments to write a log then get on with having fun. Speaking of paint jobs hows that heap of half painted rust you call a car going, if it ever gets on the road I will hide a cache at the top of a sand dune and you can show that your not all talk and it can do more than sit in the driveway. <br>
Funny how you didn't have a go at me yesterday

you did not think that slap to the back of the head was good luck wish did you.<br>
The only reason I slept in the car and you slept on the ground was because someone because somebody is afraid to sleep in a tent, that right everyone The Bronze cant sleep in a tent because he is scared, poor diddums.

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 12 April 04 11:07 am

OUCH......Sounds like guns at 30 paces comming to a town near you soon. :shock:

ideology

Post by ideology » 12 April 04 9:56 pm

we thought they were just going for the Geocaching Australia Forum Awards

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 12 April 04 10:51 pm

Maybe we should set up a special forum for Dubbo so that they can have a go at each other in private...

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 12 April 04 11:25 pm

Is this what I'm joining in July?

Go you good thing.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 13 April 04 9:40 am

I don't see you slaging off at steelrat for his hyper-extensive "dribble" you call it in 'The Relict' (GCJ4NH). He probably couldn't find it for a variety of reasons but since you can't find multicaches (Fear or Fault, etc) then it stands to reason you can't hide them either.

Scared to sleep in a tent - If any of these guys had seen or survived to hear your trumpet arse they would choose to sleep under the stars as well.

I doubt you could follow through with hiding a cache at the top of a sand dune.

(1) You would have to climp it and since I had to follow through on your playground duty after laying "Buckleys" you would need someone other than I either put the cache at the top of the dune or someone to do your playground duties afterwards.

(2) I credit you as a magnificient Historian and it would serve me well to be a pupil of yours but again you display your ignorance of Geography and with it the capabilities of a VW Baja Bug. Then again you are a Holden driver - and a station wagon at that. That says a alot alone. Dunes, particularly Stockton Dunes are transgressive, that means they move Mix and as a result the cache would be soon buried (or stolen in your obvious hiding spots). I figure you would put it at Stockton because that would be the easiest option for you. Go for it - The Commodore would be only partly burnt out by the time you got back from you 8km round hike to and from the nearest dune to where you could park :wink: . Hint: Take water because all that water next to the dunes we geographers can an Ocean is salty and will taste saline (salty). But it will put out the Commodore for you.

(3) I can repaint, repair, reverse and revise any modification I choose to make to my Bajabug. You would need to at least ask the wife and then read on the net how to do any of these things before considereing any change to that tinfoil tub of electronics coated white (how imaginative). I don't need the Baja it to drive anywhere cause I can walk to work. You live closer than I, do you walk to work? Anyhow - I digress, if you do manage to hide a cache somewhere that would require a 4WD and not in the flatted of public parks nearest the closest of carparks (Fat chance!) then I guess I can use the wifes car which you are welcome to borrow to get out to Beni Witch. Then again it is a night cache and there are spiders. Chances are it's safe from you!

Speaking of paint jobs hows that heap of half painted rust you call a car going
I has no rust, it's not half painted anymore, yes it does go, yes you can borrow it for the hard Dubbo caches. I have never called it a car - that would cheapen it - It's a Baja! Pronounced 'Baha' as in Baja California since you not that crash hot on place names and all.

So Mix, enjoy your holiday. Be nice to the wife. I've hidden a cache you'll only able to read about. that is until you find a car that hasn't a bedroom hanging off the end of it.

The Bronze.

Mix

Post by Mix » 13 April 04 7:53 pm

so much of what you just posted is wrong i don't know where to start so I
will instead go a different way...<br>
<br>
Thou subtle, perjur'd, false, disloyal man! <br>
<br>
Thy bones are marrowless, thy blood is cold. <br>
<br>
I will most humbly take my leave of you. You cannot, sir, take from me anything that I will not more willingly part withal. <br>
<br>
Your brainÂ’s so minute, Bronze, that if a hungry cannibal cracked your head open, there wouldnÂ’t be enough to cover a small water biscuit. in fact your brain is the size of a weasel's wedding tackle.<br>
<br>
you call yourself drama teacher yet the only decent impression you can do is of the man with no talent.<br>
in fact I challenge you to a duel meet me next week at
Coolah Tops and I will extract my honour. <br>

Mix

Post by Mix » 13 April 04 8:13 pm

This game is old and as I get back to town tomorrow, how about we leave everyone else in peace. Bronze and I are on holidays at this time and as we sit 2 meters from each other at work we have lots of chance to take the mickey mostly out of each other but also co-workers. This was a bit puerile we know but its all in fun, in fact during the time I was posting negative stuff here I was talking to him on the mobile buying him stuff for that rust bucket, and collecting him rocks off the beach (he likes rocks). Sorry to cut this short bronze but in I donÂ’t want to annoy everyone else (too much). Let me just say everything I posted was as a joke and in fact I like that I have another geocacher so close to home and at work, not a luxury every geocacher has. Sorry if anyone did not find this funny.

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 13 April 04 10:52 pm

Nah - Stuff them. If they can't read between the lines then they are taking life too seriously. Like a man would really pick on another mans VW. Thats low :?

Did you mention rocks? From where? God tell me you found coastal metamorphic!

Lets pick on Pesky. There would be have to be heaps of crap we can lump onto him.

The Bronze.
I personally would have opens with my Dads favourite:
"If Brains were electricity, kid, you'd be a walking blackout!"
I had a really supportive dad. Did heaps for my self esteem.

the odlids
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by the odlids » 14 April 04 8:10 am

Luxury!!!! My dad's most supportive line was.....

"Son, you've got a face like a diseased mango"

The really sad part was that he was most likely right!!!!

Odlid Dave