Newbie questions

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Newbie questions

Post by Ebenezer » 29 March 04 12:47 pm

Whilst dropping off a travel bug with an 8 year old in the weekend, he was having geocaching explained to him by a 12 year old friend. His question: "Is there one of these in every park?"

ideology

Post by ideology » 29 March 04 1:25 pm

in sydney, err... almost

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 29 March 04 2:01 pm

We were visiting The Crow, and he had my GPS on the map view. He figured out the zoom in/out pretty quickly, and when we got back to the group he noticed another geocache on the map. I pointed out that Bridge to Nowhere was about 1km away, and on the other side of the bay. He didn't think he was quite up to finding a cache that involved a water crossing. I chose at this point not to point out that we could simply get in the car and drive around there.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 29 March 04 3:47 pm

I find that Muggles are amazed that they've probably passed within metres of several geocaches and never known it. Some of them get a little paranoid!

I had someone from Motorola here recently and, to kill 30 minutes until the next meeting, we went for a stroll through the Botanic Gardens. She was vastly amused at me looking for a waypoint in the roots of a tree, but suitably impressed when the "random" seat we paused at just happened to have a plastic cache container behind it.