Micro Cache Stones

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Alby

Micro Cache Stones

Post by Alby » 18 November 03 6:40 pm

:idea: :?: Is anyone interested in a Blank Micro Cache stones? By blank we mean the owner can shape the stone futher or just colour and paint the camoflauge of their choice onto the stones for the enviroment they intend to hide it in. They would be able to hold a 35mm film canister or one a little larger. it would be All Aussie Made :D In the shape of your everyday River Rock.

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 18 November 03 8:40 pm

Sounds cool. :D What cost and how do you make them once you have the mould?

Alby

Post by Alby » 18 November 03 9:11 pm

We are still getting more info together, the further we look the cheaper it seems to get. We are aiming for AUD$22.00 incl p/p in Aus. This will depend on the final weight of the cast items. We really just want to see if there is enough interest first.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 24 December 03 8:57 am

I am interested maybe two or three, what is the overall size please? What colour is the blank?

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 24 December 03 9:21 am

I'm interested.

To those other than alby, i'm not really interested. I wont be hiding my next cache in a fake rock. truly!!! :P

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 24 December 03 2:57 pm

Hmmmm! Read into this what you will :roll: .

I will never be hiding stuff in fake rocks.

[Alby - check your mail box.]

Bronze

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 24 December 03 3:19 pm

I was half way through making my own "fake" rock, when these things hit the mainstream. Kinda lost its novelty after that. :)

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 24 December 03 4:10 pm

Has anyone actually found one of these in the wild?
When I first heard of them I was a little concerned. Not that they are fake rocks, I like the idea, but the fact that they are micro size.
Will people go and place them within a thousand other rocks?, making finding one almost pure luck. Especially if you don't know that you are looking for one, or even accidently disturbing and misplacing it without knowing.
One recent cache I did highlighted my concern for small size natural objects just left sitting on the ground.
I have considered this idea myself many times over the years, and rejected the idea, thinking that I would get chastised for it.
Am I being a grinch? :P

EcoDave :)

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 24 December 03 4:33 pm

EcoTeam wrote:Has anyone actually found one of these in the wild?
...Will people go and place them within a thousand other rocks?, making finding one almost pure luck. Especially if you don't know that you are looking for one, or even accidently disturbing and misplacing it without knowing.

Am I being a grinch? :P

GRINCH...:P... now go and spoil my surprize, I finally work out a way to give back to you all the frustrations that I ahve suffered from your caches, and you give away my little secret... I was going to disguise mine as a Nepean River rock and hide it in the rock beds at Yarramundi....... And if you have ever been there that is asurefire 5/4 cache...

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 24 December 03 5:00 pm

swampgecko wrote:GRINCH...:P... now go and spoil my surprize, I finally work out a way to give back to you all the frustrations that I ahve suffered from your caches, and you give away my little secret... I was going to disguise mine as a Nepean River rock and hide it in the rock beds at Yarramundi....... And if you have ever been there that is asurefire 5/4 cache...
Bugger! and HEA was supposed to be all out WAR! :P

Speaking of hiding caches, I have always had this fantasy of trying to hide a 44 gallan drum in the middle of the CBD!

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 24 December 03 6:09 pm

EcoTeam wrote:
swampgecko wrote:GRINCH...:P... now go and spoil my surprize, I finally work out a way to give back to you all the frustrations that I ahve suffered from your caches, and you give away my little secret... I was going to disguise mine as a Nepean River rock and hide it in the rock beds at Yarramundi....... And if you have ever been there that is asurefire 5/4 cache...
Bugger! and HEA was supposed to be all out WAR! :P

Speaking of hiding caches, I have always had this fantasy of trying to hide a 44 gallan drum in the middle of the CBD!

I want to get hold of a 40ft Shipping container and hide that on a friend's property, But Mrs Gecko is a bit unsure about $5000 for the container....... but image the swaps......... :twisted:

Alby

Post by Alby » 24 December 03 6:47 pm

There are some hidden in QLD!! Bronze new mail adress!!!

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 26 December 03 9:37 am

My father-in-law has a shipping container on his block north of Newcastle but all I got was a bemused grim when I asked him is strangers could come and raid it. Little did I know that by that stage there were two quad bikes being stored in it :D .

He has a fair chunck of land so if I could be a big enough cache I'd put it up there. That he wouldn't have a problem with.

Bronze.

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 26 January 04 2:07 pm

what's the status on this fake rocks? I have a use for one or more :twisted:

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 26 January 04 4:01 pm

I am pretty sure that the new geoshop is stocking the original ones from the US as well ?