Debate 10 - Travel Bugs and Remote Caches

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

It's ok to leave travel bugs in remote caches

Strongly Agree
22%
Agree
18%
No Difference
36%
Disagree
16%
Strongly Disagree
9%

Total votes: 45

Rabbitto
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Debate 10 - Travel Bugs and Remote Caches

Post by Rabbitto » 04 December 05 11:02 pm

One topic that came up at the Christmas Barbeque is the etiquette of putting a travel bug into a remote cache ie One that it is more than likely going to be a long time before the next visitor is likely to move the travel bug on.

On one hand, they do tend to want to travel and what better place than somewhere that the owner will probably not get to go.

On the other hand, is it a case of "nice place to visit but..."

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 04 December 05 11:19 pm

I like to check them in and then out again of these types of locations.

Best of both worlds - TB gets to travel and see great spots but doesn't get left in dormant cached.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 04 December 05 11:26 pm

I have no problem placing TBs in remote caches if it is somewhat conducive with their goal. Otherwise every TB would end up in 2 or 3 caches only.....spread 'em i say :twisted:

Agsmky

Suitman
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Suitman » 05 December 05 10:35 am

Cached wrote:I like to check them in and then out again of these types of locations.

Best of both worlds - TB gets to travel and see great spots but doesn't get left in dormant cached.
</br>

I like that idea Cached, (Now why didn't I think of that?) :roll:

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 05 December 05 11:18 am

agsmky wrote:I have no problem placing TBs in remote caches if it is somewhat conducive with their goal. Otherwise every TB would end up in 2 or 3 caches only.....spread 'em i say :twisted:

Agsmky
Hear ! Hear ! TBs in remote caches might motivate some urban geocachers to travel outside the city limits :twisted:

Geof
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Geof » 05 December 05 2:45 pm

There should be a vote just for TB owners. I'd like to see what they say. I tend not to put them in long term but "visit" them at remote caches.

I think a majer issue for me is: Is it likly the cache will get muggled?

Only once have I visited a cache due to a TB being in it. Had the BeccaJ game happend however...... :wink:

pprass
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 05 December 05 11:55 pm

Ahh - TB's!!! TB's should experience all that is out there for them. They shouldn't be deprived of visiting caches in remote areas - after all some of the most beautifull places are "out there" aren't they? And by the way that these inanimate objects are treated and talked about as though they do indeed have a life/soul/memory, then they should be allowed to gain their knowledge in as many circumstances as possible - we don't want sheltererd little TB's do we. And if they are stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere for a few years - well we just say that it is character building don't we?
Look at the experiences of this little fellow since June 2005. We thought it would be out of circulation for a few years - The Little Red Star. TBF714. Can't keep a good TB down!