Good / Bad swaps

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 23 September 05 11:49 am

I've actually got a collection of stanley knives at home that I've swapped out of caches... they seem to be the most common 'inappropriate' item that I find.

crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 23 September 05 12:00 pm

The Garner Family wrote:I've actually got a collection of stanley knives at home that I've swapped out of caches... they seem to be the most common 'inappropriate' item that I find.
<br><br>Small, Cheap, AdultMale oriented tool. Not much else fits that description.

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 23 September 05 12:22 pm

Although Stanley knives are prohibited under GC.com rules, as long as the blade is retractable & retracted, I don't think they are a bad swap.

The argument against them in the US seems to be that chain gangs might find a cache and use a knife like implement in an escape.

Kerrison Clan

Re: Good / Bad swaps

Post by Kerrison Clan » 23 September 05 2:08 pm

Slider & Smurf wrote:
SNIFTER wrote:* Food (all food is inappropriate for all caches);<br>[/quote
Sorry but this is Australia and Tim Tams and Freddos are quite OK.
Disagree - chocolate (anything sugary, really) in confined spaces in an Australian summer does not do much for the inside of a cache container. Nothing worse than having to shake a million ants out of a cache just to find the log book.
There goes the plan for a Cadbury chocolate factory cache in Hobart :cry: :cry: Or the Anvers chocolate cache near Devonport.

I've noted the blank look of uninterest on the fairer sexes face when you are talking about GPS's and Geocaching till you mention the possibility of there being chocolates. :wink:

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 23 September 05 2:13 pm

I think chocolates etc being put in a new caches as a bit of a treat for the first to find is a lovely idea, and in this case they're not swaps, and unlikely to remain there long enough for heat or ants to be a problem :)

The Garner Family

Post by The Garner Family » 23 September 05 2:20 pm

zactyl wrote:I think chocolates etc being put in a new caches as a bit of a treat for the first to find is a lovely idea, and in this case they're not swaps, and unlikely to remain there long enough for heat or ants to be a problem :)
It only takes 5 minutes of sun on the cache to melt the chocolate, and it is not fun to clean up when that happens.

Snuva
1500 or more caches found
Twitter: Snuva

Post by Snuva » 23 September 05 2:27 pm

The Garner Family wrote:
zactyl wrote:I think chocolates etc being put in a new caches as a bit of a treat for the first to find is a lovely idea, and in this case they're not swaps, and unlikely to remain there long enough for heat or ants to be a problem :)
It only takes 5 minutes of sun on the cache to melt the chocolate, and it is not fun to clean up when that happens.
1) Try explaining to an enthusiastic Schnauzer that she's NOT allowed to have the chocolate! Or maybe a child even if is horribley melted?<BR>2) Food in caches can attract animals. In Tassie we've seen a few recycled fruit containers eaten through as they weren't sent through a dishwasher before being used (but to the human nose were perfectly clean) - just imagine if there was food in them!

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 23 September 05 5:07 pm

Snuva wrote:Or maybe a child even if is horribley melted?
So Snuva likes to eat horribly melted children??

I'll remember that for my next cache!

Snuva
Twitter: Snuva

Post by Snuva » 23 September 05 5:16 pm

CraigRat wrote:So Snuva likes to eat horribly melted children??

I'll remember that for my next cache!
Couldn't you tell by the way I always herd CharlieRat towards the BBQ!! :twisted: