New start point, change date too?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Frogger
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

New start point, change date too?

Post by Team Frogger » 11 June 03 4:10 am

Doing a cache check on our multi GCAACD, we found that the locals had been kind enough to "remove" the original start point, and we have now given it a new start point, but all else remains the same.
So.... my question is this: should I update the cache date (which I assume will put it in amongst the newly placed caches, and will bring attention to the new co-ords), or leave the original date, as the actual cache location has not changed, and risk that nobody updates their co-ords for the cache?

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

New Start Point

Post by swampgecko » 11 June 03 10:24 am

I suggest just updating the start co-ords and leaving it at that.<P>I was facing a similar delimma recently, Thou in the end I didn't have to replace the Start point for my 50/50 cache I did move the dummy cache.<P>If I had to redo the whole cache I would of just scrapped the old one and started afresh. But since it was only one part of it, I left it as it was original date and all. <P>I am not the only cacher here in "Steak and Kidney" that has had part if not all of a cache removed or vandalised and have to reset the cache. Just ask Ideology about their Get Smart cache or Ecoteam their Macgyver Cache.

embi
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by embi » 11 June 03 11:55 am

I think changing the date would be a good way to "heads up" people about the new changes. Will also help with waypoint programs updating thier info.

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 12 June 03 8:14 pm

We've been fairly lucky, we have not had any cache or waypoint deliberately moved or vandalised. Our MacGyver cache is the only one which has suffered a mishap, a rather complicated (to build) waypoint decoder got swept away in the recent 1 in 40 year floods. Those popular airtight rubber sealed cache containers are great, except for when your cache gets picked up by the water and simply floats away!

EcoDave :)

Team Frogger
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by Team Frogger » 14 June 03 1:44 am

ok, majority rules [and Embi, being the Oz cache approver, counts for 2 votes :wink: ] so the date will be changed.

Thanx for your input.