No go caching areas

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
nutwood

No go caching areas

Post by nutwood » 28 January 18 7:16 pm

I was wondering what the best way is to figure what areas one may place a cache in and what obstacles need to be overcome to hide in those that are borderline.
I was planning a Kangeroo Island cache a few months ago but it came up as a no-go. By the time I figured the situation, it was too late. I've now got a NT cache in mind but I'm suspecting that I'll encounter the same issues.

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Re: No go caching areas

Post by MavEtJu » 28 January 18 9:19 pm

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 28 January 18 9:35 pm

http://geocaching.com.au/zone/

Select State, also, select 'No Public access' or 'Permission required to place caches' or whatever to see the zones in question, click on the zone to view the map.

this is NOT a definitive list by any means. The onus is 100% on you to verify it's ok to place a cache in a region.

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Chwiliwr » 28 January 18 9:42 pm

nutwood wrote:I was wondering what the best way is to figure what areas one may place a cache in and what obstacles need to be overcome to hide in those that are borderline.
I was planning a Kangeroo Island cache a few months ago but it came up as a no-go. By the time I figured the situation, it was too late. I've now got a NT cache in mind but I'm suspecting that I'll encounter the same issues.
As a result of recent developments all of the NT Aboriginal Lands probably now requires permission (Definite for any GC cache) but none has been given so far.

The good news is that if you are considering the tourist precinct village outside of NP around the rock you can talk to the local Aboriginal rangers who will tell you where you can put a cache in that area as they are permitting them for some parts of the village. (A GC cache got published there late last year.)