Daily cache update - same caches keep appearing

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Re: Daily cache update - same caches keep appearing

Post by caughtatwork » 10 March 16 11:45 am

Tell us what the community wants and we'll do it. I will make a change when the senate agrees what you're asking for. Lobbying should be to your senator not to the developers.

I'll revert the change tonight until the senate decides what to do. I ask that complaints be made in the complaints thread.

The Morris
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by The Morris » 10 March 16 7:29 pm

Yay - i was gonna complain about the change but now I'll just lobby Louise and suggest the middle position might be to have new caches, events and not the ones which have been changed.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 March 16 7:40 pm

The change has been reverted.

Discuss what it is you like, come to agreement and ask your senators to vote. Until senatorial approval is given there shall be no further fixes, changes or enhancements on this matter.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 01 April 16 7:48 am

Extraordinarily long email this morning. A lot of new caches but then a massive list of changed caches which seem to have the coords changed slightly (and more than slightly it seems). Any ideas what caused this?

(not complaining, just interested)

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 April 16 8:11 am

http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... 03#p215903

It was requested and was actioned as a separate activity.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 01 April 16 6:44 pm

Yurt wrote:Extraordinarily long email this morning. A lot of new caches but then a massive list of changed caches which seem to have the coords changed slightly (and more than slightly it seems). Any ideas what caused this?

(not complaining, just interested)
That was me doing the first upload for NSW/ACT since the code was changed to allow coord changes and get things correct on the maps on this site, as discussed in the thread C@W refers to. I have no idea how many months/years of updates there were to process as people have tweaked cache coords since the last update was allowed, but while doing the import I noticed quite a few saying "Updating latitude and longitude of cache".

Service should return to normal now with only those caches that have changed in the last few days showing up whenever someone does an update.