Geelong Accommodation

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Geelong Accommodation

Post by Taz » 21 February 16 9:09 pm

We're taking a week off to go cache the Geelong area in September and are looking for a nice but budget place to stay? We're going over to ride the rail trails around the zone so won't be around the room apart from night time
Have searched online but that can be confusing and I thought maybe this group would have a clue.
\:D/

pinkprincess1967

Re: Geelong Accommodation

Post by pinkprincess1967 » 22 February 16 1:54 pm

Depends on where you want to stay in the region. We took some time out at Ocean Grove Holiday Park, 90 Wallington Road Ocean Grove - on the way to Barwon Heads.. Stayed in a villa cabin - 2 adults, 2 children. Nice cabin and not far from the surrounding beaches. This was three years ago so don't know if prices have changed but we paid $420 for three nights. Also try Big 4 caravan park and there are local motels too. Really depends on your budget.

BaldEd
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by BaldEd » 22 February 16 7:23 pm

I stayed in a cabin at the Barwon River Tourist Park (www.barwoncaravanpark.com.au), 153 Barrabool Road, Geelong last November. It was very handy to ride the Rail Trail and being adjacent to the Barwon River also provided great access to cyclocache the riverside trails as well.

Dik:
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Dik: » 22 February 16 11:54 pm

Depends on the style of accomodation you want, but I like the Torquay Tropicana Motel. It's a good country style motel, and a lot cheaper than anywhere I have stayed in metropolitan Geelong.

on4bam

Post by on4bam » 23 February 16 9:06 pm

In November we had a one night stay at the Best Western (after touring Tas + Grampians + Great Ocean Road) before we were to return home. Nice clean room and 10 minutes walk from "city center". Price was abt AU$190 (for 3 adults).