Linking Geocaching Accounts

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
DARKSIDEDAN

Linking Geocaching Accounts

Post by DARKSIDEDAN » 02 July 15 11:22 pm

I have noticed that on some peoples profiles that have both their finds from both Geocaching.com and Geocaching Australia. Basicly on their profile pages that have a Geocaching Australia Logo with their totals and a Geocaching.com Logo with their totals. Are the two totals combined?

There are a great many caches that I would like to find that are only listed on the Geocaching Australia website. However if they do not count to my overall total I guess I will have to choose one or the other. Is it possible to display both and are the two total finds counted as one?

caughtatwork

Re: Linking Geocaching Accounts

Post by caughtatwork » 03 July 15 9:25 am

Not quite sure which profile page you are discussing. A link to an example would be nice.

Geocaching Australia collect your log and cache data from geocaching.com which are then added together to produce your caching history at Geocaching Australia for all of your caching. We also include opencaching cache data as well, but there is minimal information from those sites at Geocaching Australia. In other words, provided your data gets to Geocaching Australia, your entire Geocaching History can be viewed. In order to do this your cacher name needs to be identical (including case) with the other sites. Geocaching Australia has case sensitive cacher names, so DARKSIDEDAN is not the same as Darksidedan.

geocaching.com do nothing with Geocaching Australia caches or logs. From their perspective they are only interested in caches and logs from their own site. So at geocaching.com you only see your caching history at their site.

Hope that helps somewhat.