Travel Bugs - getting them travelling when they have stalled

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Travel Bugs - getting them travelling when they have stalled

Post by Team Pathfinder » 14 May 03 11:09 am

How long do you leave your Travel Bug in the hands of another team once it has been retrieved?
Do you send the team a note after X amount of time?
What do you say in your notes?
What amount of time is allowable, is it longer if it is a known team and sooner if it is a newby?
Finally, (ah good) this is the note I have sent regarding my travel bugs which are currently in limbo. Is it OK, I did'nt want it to offend just a simple reminder. :?

(Travel bug Name) Travel Bug

A friendly reminder that (TB Name) needs releasing to continue his travels. Please help him on his journey by placing him in a cache soon.

Thanks
Team : Pathfinder

Oh one more thing - do you lose many of your TB's to people holding on to them? :roll:

Team Piggy

Bugs Shmuggs.

Post by Team Piggy » 14 May 03 8:29 pm

I know the problem / All of mine have stalled a few times, some for nearly 3 or more months at times.
It is hard to get them moving again, I am actually at the point of leaving travel bugs in caches because i dodnt know when I may be able to place it again.
When i do hold a TB for a period of time, it at least gets a lot of travel miles, Some I have had have visited China/Thailand/Other states of Aust, as I move around for work/play.
TP.

Varuna
2350 or more caches found
2350 or more caches found

Post by Varuna » 17 December 03 4:18 am

Yeah I have my problem with mine too. Mine (my very first and virgin TB)hasn't been placed nor logged since it has been retrieved 5 months ago. A gentle reminder email has been sent to this person a couple of times or so. A few weeks ago this person posted it to a friend in Qld to place it there before this person can log it. A friend is currently inactive cacher :(

Is there any etiquette for somebody holding TBs in the GC website?

Also is there any Aust TB graveyard cache in the website similar to http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... ypt=y&log= ? If not, may it be a worth to create one?

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 19 December 03 9:21 am

The 2 Dogs have also had this problem. Not only with TB's but with moveable caches. A few nicely worded emails and no responses. A few have been "lost" by the finders. :cry:
I know that some bugs do find themselves in caches that are infrequently visited and that is usually because of a remote location.
It would be nice to know that your bugs will be moved within a month but that does not happen.

Team Piggy

zoomy bug.

Post by Team Piggy » 19 December 03 9:04 pm

Here's a positive though. This bug was dormant for many months with one cacher, and a few emails did nothing.
Finally I must admit that cacher came thru, and the bug ended up with a glorious travel log !
Check out the trails of Love piggy here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=3894.
Sometimes they stop, then get going in a BIG way ! :D