Caravans - Geocachers - Christmas

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found

Caravans - Geocachers - Christmas

Post by Team Pathfinder » 26 November 14 12:38 pm

Although we have spent considerable time geocaching with our caravan in tow this will be the first year we are doing it over Christmas and in a state other than our own. This got me to thinking, yes occasionally I do that! :D

Who else is on the road in their caravan or motor home and doesn't intend to be near family or friends this Christmas? If this is you, where and how will you spend Christmas Day?

We will be somewhere in Victoria and are thinking we will head away from the busy areas along the coast to somewhere like Greens Lake near Shepparton or Ayesford Reserve which is in the same general region. We intend to try to find a spot just before Christmas and sit the whole thing out. Yes, I can hear some of you chuckling now. Fat chance eh? :lol:

Thought I would put it out there now, who knows you might be a geo-nomad too and might like to share Christmas with us :D

ian-and-penny
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Caravans - Geocachers - Christmas

Post by ian-and-penny » 26 November 14 2:38 pm

Contact phetlern, they may know of a spot not too far from Geelong.

honeysucker
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by honeysucker » 09 January 15 11:42 pm

sorry we are replying to late but we are at Echuca running the Wakiti Creek Resort

Team Pathfinder

Post by Team Pathfinder » 10 January 15 8:50 am

We have visited Echuca several times over the past few weeks, shame we didn't know you were there.

We have been staying at Ayson Reserve between Elmore and Rochester for the past four weeks, packing up now to head down toward Ballarat. :) We thought we might run into a few other caravanners who had no-one to share Christmas with seems most go back to their homes as we was the only non-Victorians here. Our previous visit here and the place was full of travellers this time it was the locals who use it for family Christmases, great to see them all building camper cities and having a good time. :D

gmj3191
7500 or more caches found
7500 or more caches found

Post by gmj3191 » 12 January 15 12:06 pm

You'll find most Vic cachers use the Facebook groups these days. Try Geocaching Melbourne where most are, or the Geelong and Peninsular groups for more area specific contacts.