Worst caching injury?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

What is your worst caching injury?

I almost killed myself, injuries are too numerous to mention, but I found the cache damn it!
4%
I've broken something...
5%
I've sprained/dislocated something...
12%
Cuts and scratches are my best effort...
57%
I needed a little Dinosour bandaid and mummy to kiss it better...
19%
How can anyone hurt themselves caching?
3%

Total votes: 74

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Worst caching injury?

Post by EcoTeam » 29 November 04 10:46 pm

In honor of someones effort on the weekend... :P

What is your worst caching related injury?

EcoDave :)

The Ginger Loon
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by The Ginger Loon » 30 November 04 12:01 am

You so don't have kids do you Dave?

Dinosaur Band Aids :?: Really :!:

Get with the program... :wink:

Hounddog
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Hounddog » 30 November 04 2:06 am

My Ciff Fall at R&R was proably my best, but a tiick bite while caching on North Head was quite uncomfortable. It swelled up my back and I was very sore for ages.

Sometimes after a frantic day of caching in the bush I'd have so many scratches on my face and hands etc, I'm sure the girls at work think I'm a serial rapist.

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 30 November 04 3:22 am

Easy, Queensland Winter Picnic 2004, attempted to climb a very steep shale rock face with Capt. Birdseye to save time making it back to the lunch area..... Easily would have killed my self if the tree roots we where holding would have broke. I ended up making it to the top and had to break down a barb wire fence to lower down to Capt. Birdseye so he could get up.
<br><br>
I learnt a hell of a lot from that, Bad decisions + Geocaching = something I never want to do again.

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 30 November 04 3:27 am

Forgot the mention, We ended up coming in 20 minutes late but got second place!!

Diadem
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Diadem » 30 November 04 8:04 am

Physically, the most I've endured is a grazed back-side trying to traverse a very steep sided ex-quary. Despite the warnings in the cache page I gave it a go, slipped and slid down the slope. Ripped a brand-new pair of pants in the progress (which annoyed me more than the graze). To top it off I lost my wallet, and all for nothing as I later found the remains of the muggled cache when I came back to look for my wallet. My pride on the other hand has taken a beating from time to time (eg above).

dak's Emu Mob
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 30 November 04 8:43 am

During the Vic Cache Rush earlier this year, the GPSr was pointing to 2 o'clock, but the trail was pointing to 10 o'clock. So, I decided to 'go bush'.
<p>
It was across a steepish slope with dry leaves underfoot, making it very slippery. At one stage, my feet went out from under me and I flung my arms around a tree as I slid downwards. This removed the skin from a goodly portion of my bare left forearm. :( (It took weeks to heal.)
<p>
I sat down on a nearby rock to console myself, and was promptly bitten twice by large bullants! :cry:
<p>
I soldiered on, and when I reached GZ, you guessed it, it was right beside the track I had left.
<p>
Cheers,
<p>
dak

Rey

Post by Rey » 30 November 04 11:14 am

At "Llama's In Pajama's" awhile back. The area had that 'recently burnt out' look to it, so it was pretty barren. But that didn't deter the bullants, no, they were in FINE form. :(
The other half of the team got to GZ while I waited on the track.
*bite*....what was that?? *bite bite bite* YEEOOOWCH!! :shock:
I grabbed at my thigh where i felt the bite, feeling something in my pants leg my instant reaction was to squish it. So i did. I pulled my pants off, not caring who was looking, and did a bullant bite dance. I found the offender squashed on the inside of my pants leg. It was a big, red looking bullant about an inch and 1/2 long.
Needless to say, the walk back to the car was interesting. Even though Stingose and alcohol swabs were applied almost immediatley to the bite, I woke up the next morning with a red swelling the size of a dinner plate on my thigh :(
Went to the doctors and got given antibiotics, took about 2 weeks for the swelling to go down and it was a real pain to walk during that time.

But it didn't stop me Geocaching! (ok.. so i lost my nerve for a few weeks afterwards..)- Rey (half of Team Actioncow!)

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 30 November 04 11:33 am

I still have a sore ankle from attempting "Balls" in the rain. :cry:

Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Webguy » 30 November 04 11:35 am

OK, I cracked a rib! Are we all happy now? :twisted:

Geof

Post by Geof » 30 November 04 11:45 am

14 leaches all at once :evil: . Took over 4 hours to stop bleeding. Between Geofreaks "Walk in to History" & "The Killing Fields". The marks are still going away.

The Rats
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by The Rats » 30 November 04 1:19 pm

Webguy wrote:OK, I cracked a rib! Are we all happy now? :twisted:
<P>Sorry Webby I didn't hear what you said.... Did you say you cracked a rib climbing a tree. <P> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Webguy

Post by Webguy » 30 November 04 1:24 pm

Funny Guy. Mwahahahahahahahahah

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 01 December 04 1:31 am

had some scratches, leeches but that is about all.
I guess I have been lucky.

Heard a story about a cacher in Holland who got bitten by a snake, lucky snakes over there are pretty harmless.
I'm still surprized no cacher has ever been (close to be) bitten by a snake or another creepy crawly creature.

I did allmost step on a baby brown once, not while caching though..

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 01 December 04 9:02 am

The worst I could think of was grazing the skin off my knuckles whilst canyoning, but then I remembered that wasn't in Claustral, so nothing to report here.

- R