250k topo maps for c:geo

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

250k topo maps for c:geo

Post by Laighside Legends » 27 March 14 10:18 pm

The following is quite South Australia based at the moment but since many of you are coming here in a few weeks time you might be interested...

I've always been a bit disappointed with the maps available for phone caching apps so I've converted some of the 250k topo maps (same map data as shonkymaps) to 'mapsforge' format which allows them to be used in c:geo (and locus map and a few other apps as well). At this stage I've got the Orroroo, Burra, Yorke Peninsula, Adelaide, Renmark, Barker, Pinnaroo and Naracoorte maps converted. They are 100% offline so mobile signal is not needed nor will any mobile data be used.

If you'er interested in having a play with them send my an email/PM with the email address you want me to send the maps to, the names of the map(s) you want and whether you want the instructions for c:geo, locus map or both.

Murray Bridge is located in the corner of the Barker map so for good coverage of the Mega and surrounding areas you'll need Adelaide, Renmark, Barker and Pinnaroo maps.

Image Image