So, how are you getting to Oz Mega SA?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

So, how are you getting to Oz Mega SA?

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 14 January 14 3:45 pm

With just a smidgeon over 90 days till the start of the next Mega, I am currently working on some modifications to the Nissan for our trip to Murray Bridge. As some will remember, we make our trips to the Megas part of an extended caching holiday. We travelled to Wagga Wagga via Tasmania in the Nissan. I travelled to Albury Wodonga via the Snowy Mountains and Canberra on the motorbike. This time, we are going to see some parts of the country we have always wanted to, but never got to. With 4 weeks off work, we are heading down the Birdsville Track, planning on seeing Lake Eyre and the Flinders Ranges, then home via Oodnadatta and the Simpson Desert. So, I need to prep the 4wd for a desert crossing.

So, this leads to an invite as well. If any Queenslanders or northern New South Welshmen would like to travel the Birdsville Track, on the way down to the Mega, or return via the Simpson Desert, your most welcome to join us. Our plans are to depart Birdsville to travel south along the track on Monday 7th April.

If
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: So, how are you getting to Oz Mega SA?

Post by If » 02 February 14 8:14 pm

Well I personally thought that arriving by geomobile might be sensible, as it carries all my camping supplies.
But then again, a unicycle might be employed if I have the time to build one and learn to ride it =D>
Or maybe I could just ride my bicycle in after finding "all" of the Wandering Heroes caches along the way :roll:
Surely there must be a sensible, "If" like way to arrive at GZ ??

But with so many fellow cachers** losing the plot lately and wondering why I am posting 'offensive' log finds, maybe, I'll just turn up incognito :wink:

I know !! I'll sink all the naysayers in one go.
By turning up as Justin Beiber :D
Maybe then the 'naysayers' will find their inner me's, and understand my attitude, MAN !! :o

** The under 18's who don't know who Monty Python are, are in for a shock !! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

All in jest, I might just turn up as their grandparent :D
Teach 'em a thing about manners, and show them me stamp collection, and photos of the NSWR standard gauge locomotives 8)
Hey if the youngsters are keen enough, I'll even show them my collection of pennies dating back from the late 1800's :)

Tee Hee !!
The youngsters would have stopped reading this post by now =D>
So to all you 'oldies' out there .... I think I have scared off the younger generation from visiting my campsite, and hope that you will do the same :D

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: So, how are you getting to Oz Mega SA?

Post by Richary » 02 February 14 9:51 pm

Our intention is to drive there from Sydney via Bendigo to visit Anna's half-sisters (one with new baby). After the event spend a couple of days in Adelaide catching up with other friends before heading to the Flinders for some camping as I love it there - and it's just too damn far from Sydney!. Then back home via Broken Hill, making it a 3 week trip.

Mind you it's been a couple of years since I have been camping, and we have moved since then. So I should probably do a camping weekend beforehand just to make sure I can find everything!