Duplicate finds

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
tronador
6500 or more caches found

Duplicate finds

Post by tronador » 13 January 14 8:39 pm

Is there any way of getting rid of duplicate finds that have shown up on my cacher page. I only logged the find once but they appear on My finds twice. Fairies????? Could you remove them please. [-o<

tronador

Re: Duplicate finds

Post by tronador » 13 January 14 8:42 pm

Never mind I see you can remove them yourself. Done! But not sure why they appeared in the first place.

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re: Duplicate Finds at GCA

Post by pjmpjm » 13 January 14 11:37 pm

tronador wrote:Is there any way of getting rid of duplicate finds that have shown up on my cacher page. I only logged the find once but they appear on My finds twice. Fairies????? Could you remove them please. [-o<
I'd had this happen to me a few times as well, over the past couple of years. Could be that accidentally reloading the page causes it.

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 15 January 14 12:29 pm

There was a cache that the owner accidentally deleted my log on, so I relogged it. Every so often someone imports an old GPX file and I get 2 logs for that cache...

That might be why it happening?

wyrdsister
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by wyrdsister » 12 February 14 2:53 pm

I had one recently, I figure it was a page reload did it, the cache owner sent a polite note asking me to remove a log . I clean forgot but the c.o was nice enough to sort it for me.

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 14 February 14 2:47 pm

How do you track down duplicates on GC?

In my stats it says 'You've found 1644 caches (1643 distinct) since your first cache find'. I recently stumbled over one cache that had 2 founds by me so I deleted one ... there's another out there but how do I work out where?

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 14 February 14 9:14 pm

Easy on GCA. Go to your cacher page, in my case

http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/richary

Go to the Statistics tabs and at the bottom of the list is duplicates. That will show you all the caches you have found more than once. In my case there are a lot as I do play with the moveable cache races so have found the same one more than once.

I can't see an equivalent function on GC but you could use the above link and just scroll down until you find one without the GCA logo next to it and that will be your GC duplicate. Doing that I just found one, it was one I relogged as someone hacked the CO's account and deleted some logs, but it looks like it made here twice. So I will have to go and fix that.