Let's Talk Angels!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Re: Let's Talk Angels!

Post by Yurt » 01 February 14 7:58 pm

Can you work out who moved the most angels? I gave it a shot!

I was thinking the rewards recognise the caches not the cachers... (where's the violin emoticon??) :mrgreen:

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re: Let's Talk Angels! -- Best Angel Mover

Post by pjmpjm » 01 February 14 8:23 pm

Yurt wrote:Can you work out who moved the most angels? I gave it a shot! I was thinking the rewards recognise the caches not the cachers... (where's the violin emoticon??) :mrgreen:
rogerw3? He certainly deserves a prize of some kind. =D> And I think he placed more than anyone else. :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel

FourW
1900 or more caches found

Post by FourW » 01 February 14 9:59 pm

Yurt wrote:Can you work out who moved the most angels? I gave it a shot!

I was thinking the rewards recognise the caches not the cachers... (where's the violin emoticon??) :mrgreen:
You can borrow.my avatar if you like...

I'm actually a bit embarrassed that I moved my own cache so far, but there were only a couple of other SA angel chasers this year and it was hard not to break the two move rule. Unfortunately, the only angel I could grab before heading out on holiday was my own.
I'm hoping TieDye Smileys aren't too distraught at having no finds at all on their cache. :weepingangel
Thanks to the organisers for organising the games, and thanks to everyone that joined in.

Supplementary question: how many angels went missing? One of.mine has, and I know at least one other in SA did.
Also, any chance we can get an "angels found" graph like the bingo and frog graphs? That might help work out who's found the most angels.

pjmpjm

Re: Let's Talk Angels! MIA Seraphs

Post by pjmpjm » 02 February 14 10:56 am

FourW wrote:
Yurt wrote:Can you work out who moved the most angels? I gave it a shot! I was thinking the rewards recognise the caches not the cachers... (where's the violin emoticon??) :mrgreen:
You can borrow.my avatar if you like... I'm actually a bit embarrassed that I moved my own cache so far, but there were only a couple of other SA angel chasers this year and it was hard not to break the two move rule. Unfortunately, the only angel I could grab before heading out on holiday was my own. I'm hoping TieDye Smileys aren't too distraught at having no finds at all on their cache. :weepingangel Thanks to the organisers for organising the games, and thanks to everyone that joined in. Supplementary question: how many angels went missing? One of.mine has, and I know at least one other in SA did. Also, any chance we can get an "angels found" graph like the bingo and frog graphs? That might help work out who's found the most angels.
I know rogerw3 lost one angel on Mt Pid, right at the start. My six all survived. Lots of interesting statistics suggested and would be fun to see. Congrats to the winners! :weepingangel

petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Post by petan » 02 February 14 9:49 pm

Will there be a Weeping Angel pathtag?

I have a collection from all the previous cache races. I'm happy to buy one if these won't be prizes for hiders. I'm not normally into the pathtag game but I particularly like these because its like a certificate of achievement.

Despite the fact that Queensland seems to quite lax in the Angel department and I only managed to find one in the last week of the comp, I have once again enjoyed the game. The biggest thrill has been seeing where my own angel has travelled. Budgetary considerations has meant that we can't travel beyond a tank of fuel and a packed lunch, but that doesn't mean I can't live vicariously through a $7 hunk of plaster from Bunnings.

Thank you to C@W for organising it and to everyone who moved Wayne the Weeping Angel.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 February 14 10:35 pm

Find out tomorrow at around midday.

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 03 February 14 12:10 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Overall Distance at 10,832.15km:
FourW with Crying Cardboard Angel

Longest Distance at 5,414.90km:

As FourW collected both prizes, we're offering a consolation to the 2nd place achievers as well.

Overall Distance Consolation:
SpatialRiq at 7,543.28km with Spatial's Angel #1

Longest Distance Consolation:
bronnie_1990 at 3,107.69km withBronnie's angel

Most Stops at 23:
shazonaquest with Eastern angel

Special Nomination (and a prize to):
TiedyeSmileys with Angel of the night which didn't move at all.
Hurrah! \:D/
caughtatwork wrote:You will all be contacted shortly to receive your prizes (don't get too excited).
How shortly? \:D/

FourW

Post by FourW » 03 February 14 12:33 pm

caughtatwork wrote:You will all be contacted shortly to receive your prizes (don't get too excited).
How shortly? \:D/[/quote]

In the blink of an eye perhaps?
:shock:
But remember Rule#1: Don't Blink
:weepingangel

pjmpjm

Re: Let's Talk Angels! -- Unofficial Awards

Post by pjmpjm » 03 February 14 12:40 pm

I'd like to nominate my friends rogerw3 and Yurt for all their excellent work in moving Weeping Angels during the recent race.

Others my also be deserving, but these two geocachers contributed a lot in my own area of Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains.

Thanks, guys! :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel

Tyreless
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Tyreless » 03 February 14 2:48 pm

Thanks to C@W for organizing the race. =D> My first race and lots of fun - even if my angel got abducted from under a bridge in Parramatta. 8-[ And thanks for the pathtag - greatly appreciated.

Geoff aka Tyreless

spatialriq

Post by spatialriq » 03 February 14 3:27 pm

I concur. Thanks to C@W and the rest of the GCA minions =D> =D> . My 4th event, got me out and about. Was by far the quietest with only a handful of entrant here in Perth but fun none the less.

Thanks for the pathtag! :D

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 04 February 14 6:53 am

Wow! I am very happy to learn that I am to receive a pathtag! Thank you, Caught@work! I hope you aren't too disappointed with the action in the Angel game.

I too wish to thank Yurt for his repeated and tireless Angel transportation. He took more risks than many others, and I'm sure he quakes in fear every time he feels a bit of grit in his eye.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 04 February 14 8:00 am

Just a cacher wrote: I too wish to thank Yurt for his repeated and tireless Angel transportation. He took more risks than many others, and I'm sure he quakes in fear every time he feels a bit of grit in his eye.
Thanks to you and BB for supplying so many subdued angels for me to transport back to Sydney.
I think I perfected the art of the "wink-blink" - only closing one eye at a time... :weepingangel

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 10 February 14 9:37 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Overall Distance at 10,832.15km:

Longest Distance at 5,414.90km:

As FourW collected both prizes, we're offering a consolation to the 2nd place achievers as well.

Overall Distance Consolation:
SpatialRiq at 7,543.28km with Spatial's Angel #1

Longest Distance Consolation:
bronnie_1990 at 3,107.69km withBronnie's angel

Most Stops at 23:
shazonaquest with Eastern angel

Special Nomination (and a prize to):
TiedyeSmileys with Angel of the night which didn't move at all.

You will all be contacted shortly to receive your prizes (don't get too excited).
oh WHAT? (where's the "my monacle just fell out" smiley?)
Not bad, for a spontaneous "oh i suppose i'll register just one this year" about 5mins before releasing her :D

the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: The Monkey King @Au

Post by the Monkey King » 11 February 14 9:07 am

Are there any plans to return angels to their owners?

I have one I moved that is very near my place, so I can retrieve it very easily. That and I want to hide a cache where I placed it :P