unlisted trig stations

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Re: unlisted trig stations

Post by MavEtJu » 23 April 16 5:37 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:Yesterday I discovered the coolest thing on SIX maps when looking for unlisted trigs (which I did find). Check out the satellite/NSW imagery basemap at -33.439371 149.557833. Time trials?
Because I saw these when I went to Dubbo, I had a look further for any documentation on them. After some serious googling and swearing I came to this page: http://www.lpi.nsw.gov.au/surveying/sur ... rtificates

15 baseline trig stations clusters. I checked the ones in Bankstown on Google maps: https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.900190 ... 312!8i6656
and Nowra: https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.907631 ... 312!8i6656

It's going to be tricky to determine the real coordinates of all of them (for example the ones in Goulburn seem to be near the police academy so no access or Google Maps) but a lot of them might be accessible for the public despite the fact that is says Authorized access only. I tried to get the coordinates with SIX Maps but I can't figure out how extract the coordinates of the objects from there....

MavEtJu

Post by MavEtJu » 24 April 16 1:21 am

From that list:

Armidale Testline: Already there.
Bankstown Testline: Added (4/4)
Bega Testline: I could find the location but couldn't spot the trigpoints on the map. As such not done.
Dubbo Baseline: Already there.
Eglinton Baseline: Added (7/7)
Goulburn Testline: On private property (Police academy). Trigpoints were visible on the map.
Grafton Testline: Already there.
Kingscliff Baseline: Already there.
Lethbridge Park Baseline: Already there under a different name.
Nowra TestlineL Already there.
Seaham Baseline: Added (7/7)
Taree Testline: Added (4/4)
Ulan Coal Baseline: On private property (Ulan mine). Trigpoint area was visible on the map.
Wagga Testline: Added (4/5, number five was already in)
Wollongong Testline: Already there.

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 26 April 16 5:24 pm

I saw those Bankstown ones pop up and that intrigued me. If I get a chance in the next few weeks I'll investigate further and report back.

MavEtJu

Post by MavEtJu » 26 April 16 7:21 pm

ziggiau wrote:I saw those Bankstown ones pop up and that intrigued me. If I get a chance in the next few weeks I'll investigate further and report back.
Please do let me know when you have logged them because I don't know if I get alerts about it: They are entered by me but owned by Geocaching Australia.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 17 May 16 11:18 am

I spotted the Lethbridge Park one about a year ago and published all the points - called it Bidwill test line I think as that was the suburb I was in.

There's one at Moruya Heads you haven't listed but you can find it on GCA. Also there's sort of a line by the Wakehurst Parkway south of Forestville I think. There are a couple of 'real' trigs with a survey line trig in between.

I think there's another one somewhere you haven't got on that list either. Can't think of where at present.

ziggiau
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 19 May 16 2:40 pm

Visited the Bankstown Test line today (SUPER easy finds) to qualify for my dragonZone trophy. Best part was that the test line was actually in use for the purpose its intended. Met a group of surveyors who were calibrating their equipment and spent some time spruiking geocaching and keeping them from doing their job #-o . Unfortunately none of them wanted to pose for a pic with the PM, but the equipment is there which is kinda neat.

MavEtJu

Post by MavEtJu » 19 May 16 3:07 pm

ziggiau wrote:Visited the Bankstown Test line today (SUPER easy finds) to qualify for my dragonZone trophy. Best part was that the test line was actually in use for the purpose its intended. Met a group of surveyors who were calibrating their equipment and spent some time spruiking geocaching and keeping them from doing their job #-o . Unfortunately none of them wanted to pose for a pic with the PM, but the equipment is there which is kinda neat.
And that answers the question of "who does get the logs for these trig points.": It is not me.

Edwin

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 19 May 16 5:16 pm

I get them. All of them. Every day.

Goldenwattle
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Goldenwattle » 19 May 16 6:22 pm

About how many trigs would be found on the average day?