UV lights........

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Tysonium
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Re: Hey All

Post by Tysonium » 29 April 03 11:41 pm

Team Galaxyquest wrote:...and a UV torch to find caches which have been camo'd and put in hard to find places (this sucker lights up an ants nipple 100m away!)
Tell me more.

Team Galaxyquest

ok

Post by Team Galaxyquest » 30 April 03 1:58 pm

Well.. these pen lights need to be carried by licenced people. I work for Telstra and we require the use of these lamps to verify certain things which are written in UV reflective materials. This ensures that the writing is not visible in normal conditions and not under the visible spectrum. I take this torch with me on night caches (useless in the day unless you have super human vision) and use it when near the cache. If the cache has the slightest spec of white or a high spectrum colur it lights up the neighbourhood :)
Its quite a handy thing to have. (unless you own a pair of NVG's and this.. then your really cooking)

Damian007

Post by Damian007 » 30 April 03 7:42 pm

This is the first time I've heard of someone having to be licensed for having a U.V.Light..

Since When?

Team Galaxyquest

Regulation

Post by Team Galaxyquest » 30 April 03 8:41 pm

I should say they are regulated. Any UV equipment is now regulated. its only because they can be modified readily and they have the power to be used as "Flash Blinders" which can disable ones eyesight for a period of 2 seconds.. they are fairly dangerous :)

pyrenees kid
Site Admin

Post by pyrenees kid » 11 May 03 4:27 pm

bump in the night................ I just split this from another topic.