International Day of Geocaching at Leura, NSW

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

International Day of Geocaching at Leura, NSW

Post by pjmpjm » 17 August 12 3:42 pm

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... a49fd36d2c

I just realised that we haven't been chatting here in the GCA Forum about this upcoming event . . .

It will commence Saturday (tomorrow) at 12 noon at the Gordon Falls Lookout in Leura, in the beautiful Blue Mountains. That's just south of Leura Mall. It's easy to find.

Event host jonnosan has placed new caches for the event, and so have I. In fact, I've also placed a new GCA traditional within easy walking distance.

(It's perfectly OK to bring your loose gnomes and Leap Frogs and other GCA moveables, along with you. We'll look after them up here.)

There are lots and lots of hides from Wentworth Falls, through Leura, to Katoomba -- so this event will give you a chance to raise your number of finds.

And many of the local caches are drive-bys, so you can pick them up even if the weather turns, well, 'wintry' . . . shall we say.

As of Friday afternoon, Leura (where I live) is chilly and windy, but the skies are blue and the scenery is perfect.

Dress warmly on the day, please. Daytime temps may be as low as 5-8 degrees and it's been going down to 0 at night.

Thanks to jonnosan for setting up the event.

Hope to see you there!

pjmpjm

GCA Cache at International Day of Geocaching at Leura, NSW

Post by pjmpjm » 17 August 12 8:56 pm

'Leura International' GA4544 S33° 43.527' E150° 19.884' is now in place for the Leura International Geocaching Day event.

I had to brave the dark and wind and freezing cold, but all was accomplished in time . . .

Hope a few attendees will try to find this cache . . .

pjmpjm

Re: International Day of Geocaching at Leura, NSW

Post by pjmpjm » 18 August 12 8:10 pm

This event was a great success -- despite the freezing wind -- and lots of local geocachers attended.

Many thanks to jonnosan!

rogerw3
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Re: International Day of Geocaching at Leura, NSW

Post by rogerw3 » 18 August 12 8:56 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D>

A great day was had by all, many thanks Jonnosan. Even a few :frog and :gnome attended!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/