computer help

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Silent 1

computer help

Post by Silent 1 » 13 August 12 9:47 pm

gday all i have had my old computer fixed/repaired after it died to a 64bit from a 32bit? think that's right. anyway its faster now none of my my programs will work and the PC will not recognize the etrex so has anybody else had this problem and how have you fixed it? buy new software if so what an where from or a new gps/phone?????????????? as you will probably guess i am not a techno and know very little about electronics. so please keep any help/guides in very simple everyday layman's please
cheers Silent 1

Chwiliwr
10000 or more caches found

Re: computer help

Post by Chwiliwr » 13 August 12 10:36 pm

Silent 1 wrote:gday all i have had my old computer fixed/repaired after it died to a 64bit from a 32bit? think that's right. anyway its faster now none of my my programs will work and the PC will not recognize the etrex so has anybody else had this problem and how have you fixed it? buy new software if so what an where from or a new gps/phone?????????????? as you will probably guess i am not a techno and know very little about electronics. so please keep any help/guides in very simple everyday layman's please
cheers Silent 1
I suspect you now have a 64bit operating system so your original drivers/software may not be compatable. Can you advise what the operating system now is.

Silent 1

Post by Silent 1 » 13 August 12 10:49 pm

Chwiliwr wrote:
Silent 1 wrote:gday all i have had my old computer fixed/repaired after it died to a 64bit from a 32bit? think that's right. anyway its faster now none of my my programs will work and the PC will not recognize the etrex so has anybody else had this problem and how have you fixed it? buy new software if so what an where from or a new gps/phone?????????????? as you will probably guess i am not a techno and know very little about electronics. so please keep any help/guides in very simple everyday layman's please
cheers Silent 1
I suspect you now have a 64bit operating system so your original drivers/software may not be compatable. Can you advise what the operating system now is.
It says when click n system amd 9950 quad core processor 2.6 ghts 3gg memory 64bt operating system so means?? not compatable

Chwiliwr

Post by Chwiliwr » 13 August 12 10:57 pm

A quick look on the Garmin site seems to indicate the Serial version of the etrex doesn't work that well with the 64bit operating systems but you could try reloading the software if your etrex is a USB version.

Silent 1

Post by Silent 1 » 13 August 12 11:09 pm

Chwiliwr wrote:A quick look on the Garmin site seems to indicate the Serial version of the etrex doesn't work that well with the 64bit operating systems but you could try reloading the software if your etrex is a USB version.
just finished downloading base camp 333 and it now finds the etrex an maps on it am going to try and delete all existing caches from it so i can reload new ones on as i am off on a short break/destress hope it works thanks for your help will let you know how it goes
cheers Silent 1

Silent 1

Post by Silent 1 » 13 August 12 11:53 pm

:stabby :stabby OOPS All the info from the etrex showed up on the pc great disconected it from pc and now i have nothing on the etrex but it is still on pc and it will not reload so its back to the drawing board for now and some reading urk