FTF Prizes - Usual Practice

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bunya

Re: FTF Prizes - Usual Practice

Post by Bunya » 19 September 12 3:09 pm

gmj3191 wrote: ....this bit nearly forced me to tears...

"The 4 colors represent the blue of the ocean surrounding most countries in the Pacific Ocean,
the green and yellow/gold which are the Australian national colors (being the predominant colours
found on many species of Wattle, namely, green foliage and golden inflorescences)
and the burnt orange representing the sunburnt landscape that Australia is famous for."
Me too - though probably for a different reason!
Nothing ruins a bit of text about Australia like the use of US spelling. It's colour in Aussie English!
Not quite as bad as hearing the Australian anthem sung with an American accent, but close.

2max
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by 2max » 23 September 12 10:17 am

belken wrote:Official Stance???? Geocaching belongs to the people. You are the official representative of geocaching. What you think is what counts. Don't let it become anything else. Do not give your official power away to anyone else.

Granted Groundspeak can control your listing on their platform. That is the words they choose to publish. But please never give them any more power than that. If you do some research you will find the FTF is not even a practise that Groundspeak recognises or supports. So its fairly moot as to what you use in this side game that is officially recognised by players.(not all players but who cares)

Comply with Groundpeak guidelines if you want them to publish a listing. Those guidelines are fairly well documented. There are some people here that can give you the "official" stance on that. After that please don't let others interfere with your enjoyment of geocaching.

On the last 7 caches I published on GCA the FTF prizes has included a BelKen personal Geocoin. Trackable at GC.com. I didn't hear any noises of impoliteness, official or otherwise.
belken, thank you so much for posting, your words of encouragement have really helped me.. I've had a pretty rough time of things since I last posted, so even though you have replied and possibly didn't give it another thought, it has made a difference to me and I cant emphasise enough how much better you've made me feel about this. Thank you.

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 23 September 12 4:26 pm

2max wrote: belken, thank you so much for posting, your words of encouragement have really helped me.. I've had a pretty rough time of things since I last posted, so even though you have replied and possibly didn't give it another thought, it has made a difference to me and I cant emphasise enough how much better you've made me feel about this. Thank you.
Whoops, I hope my earlier comment re the politeness of leaving a GCA pathtag in a GC cache didn't cause you any concern. I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I made that comment. Sorry, I didn't realise it'd be taken seriously. This is my first time re-visiting this thread or I'd have replied earlier.
Personally, if I hid a GC cache, it'd be chockers with GCA stuff!

belken

Post by belken » 23 September 12 7:33 pm

2max wrote:
belken wrote:Official Stance???? Geocaching belongs to the people. You are the official representative of geocaching. What you think is what counts. Don't let it become anything else. Do not give your official power away to anyone else.

Granted Groundspeak can control your listing on their platform. That is the words they choose to publish. But please never give them any more power than that. If you do some research you will find the FTF is not even a practise that Groundspeak recognises or supports. So its fairly moot as to what you use in this side game that is officially recognised by players.(not all players but who cares)

Comply with Groundpeak guidelines if you want them to publish a listing. Those guidelines are fairly well documented. There are some people here that can give you the "official" stance on that. After that please don't let others interfere with your enjoyment of geocaching.

On the last 7 caches I published on GCA the FTF prizes has included a BelKen personal Geocoin. Trackable at GC.com. I didn't hear any noises of impoliteness, official or otherwise.
belken, thank you so much for posting, your words of encouragement have really helped me.. I've had a pretty rough time of things since I last posted, so even though you have replied and possibly didn't give it another thought, it has made a difference to me and I cant emphasise enough how much better you've made me feel about this. Thank you.
Thank you. But please don't let it out, I have a reputation to keep up.