Jasmer Challenge?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Re: Jasmer Challenge?

Post by Yurt » 06 October 13 7:13 pm

Richary wrote:
Yurt wrote:Yeah if I place it myself I can't find it! (doesn't stop some... :mrgreen: )
What would you like - a cache to celebrate every month available in Australia? I am sure we can place one under the Geocaching NSW banner somewhere if required.
Yes please! A bit like Old School Challenge but wider. It does require travel outside NSW for at least one so I don't know if it needs to be state based or not.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 07 October 13 8:12 pm

Yurt wrote:
Richary wrote:What would you like - a cache to celebrate every month available in Australia? I am sure we can place one under the Geocaching NSW banner somewhere if required.
Yes please! A bit like Old School Challenge but wider. It does require travel outside NSW for at least one so I don't know if it needs to be state based or not.
I am sure we can come up with something. Will discuss it with the others, and have to look at what months are available and if we want to make it specific to NSW available caches or all of Australia. Probably NSW makes sense to my way of thinking.

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 07 October 13 9:15 pm

Will have to get special teams (aka MV) onto that ;)

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 12 October 13 3:13 pm

This is what a completed Australian Jasmer looks like.

(where does the word 'Jasmer' come from anyway?)

pprass
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 13 October 13 9:19 am

Yurt wrote:(where does the word 'Jasmer' come from anyway?)
It comes from "Just Another Stupid Mundane Egotistical Requirement" :roll: :lol:

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 13 October 13 9:08 pm

We had a chat about this at he event today. I think GCNSW may well soon release a cache that would be the "NSW Jasmer Challenge" aka one that requires a find on each currently possible month for NSW. It wont matter where you actually found the cache for that month but we'd want it to be achievable by people who have never left the state. I'll bring it up with the committee at the next meeting in a few weeks time!

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 31 October 16 9:50 am

Dug up this old thread as I found a September 2000 cache in California a week ago. Interesting that Big Matt was there the same day - heard he posted a photo of my log on FB. I think I accidentally dated it 21/10 instead of 22/10 so he thought I'd been there the day before.

Only two to go. Looking at my post above (of my found months) I was surprised to see it showed my finds up to date but then realised it's linked to this site so updates.

Hawaii and Sweden here I come!

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 25 November 16 11:05 am

I discovered later that Big Matt&Shell turned up the same day as I did at that same Californian cache! What are the chances?