View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 November 17 2:45 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Garmin Chirp 
Author Message
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched
User avatar

Joined: 03 April 03 12:28 am
Posts: 2573
Location: Kalamunda, WA
GCA Found: 18
GCA Hidden: 0
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
tatty wrote:
There is only one current catch with putting a chirp in your car (I have one there too), you continually find yourself every time you are near the car and as such cannot find any other chirp whilst the car is in range :roll:
Garmin needs to be pushed for a software update to allow an ignore this chirp setting or enable the ability to find another chirp whilst already receiving a signal from one.

Oooh, the sabotage possibilities... :twisted:
(Put a couple of chirps around an existing chirp waypoint, within overlap range, preferably in the likely directions that cachers will approach.)


13 November 10 8:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Joined: 30 July 08 11:47 am
Posts: 476
Location: VIC
GCA Found: 214
GCA Hidden: 47
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
After the recent access to a Chirp without Garmin hardware I am still convinced the iPhone has Chirp compatible hardware in it just without the appropriate API. iPhone already does Nike+ a, a protocol built off ANT.

I dream of the day I can wirelessly send a Geocach to my Garmin Oregon via the iPhone.


15 November 10 8:24 am
Profile
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 17 February 08 6:22 am
Posts: 360
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista
GCA Found: 63
GCA Hidden: 5
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Just had conformation that the Garmin has released the Chirp in Australia today. You should see it on JAS website within the next day or so with stock to arrive in the next week. Priced at $25 AUD + p&p


15 November 10 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 04 February 04 10:55 pm
Posts: 4022
Location: Waitara, Sydney
GCA Found: 1290
GCA Hidden: 23
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Sydney now has it's first chirp cache. http://coord.info/GC2HPF1

Considering whether to put it on the ignore list, or hope I get a day out with someone with a chirp enabled device.


15 November 10 9:51 pm
Profile E-mail
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 17 August 09 10:44 am
Posts: 1735
Location: Sydney, NSW
GCA Found: 1196
GCA Hidden: 73
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
I did what I did for the new Where I Go... put a note on the cache page to team up with a local Garmin owner :D


15 November 10 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 17 February 08 6:22 am
Posts: 360
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista
GCA Found: 63
GCA Hidden: 5
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Octapc in WA will also have Chirps on their web site today or tomorrow, with stock arriving by early next week.


16 November 10 6:39 am
Profile WWW
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Joined: 30 July 08 11:47 am
Posts: 476
Location: VIC
GCA Found: 214
GCA Hidden: 47
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Anaconda should not be far behind.


16 November 10 7:43 am
Profile
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 24 March 04 4:32 pm
Posts: 3087
Location: Launceston, Tasmania
GCA Found: 234
GCA Hidden: 31
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
And don't forget the geocacher "alex" at Cartographics in Adelaide.


16 November 10 8:07 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Joined: 05 August 03 7:29 pm
Posts: 120
Location: mornington peninsula
GCA Found: 37
GCA Hidden: 2
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
covert wrote:
Anaconda should not be far behind.


I wouldn't count on it, a month ago they were still waiting for Garmin Topo 2010 stock and that is how many months old already. They had ordered 6 SD and 6 DVD but head office had not supplied any and there was no ETA, just a keep checking back in to see if we have it yet.


16 November 10 8:14 am
Profile
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 11 February 07 9:53 pm
Posts: 1904
GCA Found: 123
GCA Hidden: 0
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Fuddley wrote:
Just had conformation that the Garmin has released the Chirp in Australia today. You should see it on JAS website within the next day or so with stock to arrive in the next week. Priced at $25 AUD + p&p


About time, I rang JAGPS at the beginning of the month and had a stand up argument with the guy as to whether there was even such a thing.

Pricing is still a bit steep. My (and others that I purchased for) Chirps arrived here today landed for $24.50 at the old US exchange rate around 96c. I would have thought JAGPS would be able to do them at the Garmin retail of $22 considering the exchange rate.


16 November 10 11:13 am
Profile E-mail WWW
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
User avatar

Joined: 29 September 09 5:12 pm
Posts: 205
Location: Canberra, Australia
GCA Found: 137
GCA Hidden: 2
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Quote:
Pricing is still a bit steep. My (and others that I purchased for) Chirps arrived here today landed for $24.50 at the old US exchange rate around 96c. I would have thought JAGPS would be able to do them at the Garmin retail of $22 considering the exchange rate.


Yep, generally that is Australian businesses for you. More and more are learning that the savy buyer is looking elsewhere these days. I like to support Australian businesses where possible but sometimes the savings in $ overrides such loyalties to local businesses.

Cheers!


16 November 10 11:17 am
Profile E-mail
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
User avatar

Joined: 23 August 04 3:17 pm
Posts: 6670
Location: Launceston, TAS
GCA Found: 157
GCA Hidden: 44
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Pricing is still a bit steep. My (and others that I purchased for) Chirps arrived here today landed for $24.50 at the old US exchange rate around 96c. I would have thought JAGPS would be able to do them at the Garmin retail of $22 considering the exchange rate.

That's assuming that they don't operate from a fixed price wholesale agreement, which I assume they do. Might take quite a while for the exchange rate to filter thru to their price lists! (My company is selling us parts from our own factories in the US at an exchange rate of $.87 still!)


Has anyone pulled one apart yet?
Could you get the components out of it and shove them in a fake rock anything like that? (or a Gnome??)


16 November 10 11:56 am
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Joined: 04 July 09 11:12 pm
Posts: 89
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 312
GCA Hidden: 11
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
CraigRat wrote:
(or a Gnome??)


The possibilities for a moveable cache are awesome. Although there could be an issue if the moveable is placed near the chirp of another...


16 November 10 12:30 pm
Profile
1950 or more caches found
1950 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 17 February 08 6:22 am
Posts: 360
Location: Hastings NZ GPSr: Garmin Oregon 300 GPSr: Tom Tom XL one GPSr: Garmin Etrex Vista
GCA Found: 63
GCA Hidden: 5
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Fuddley wrote:
Just had conformation that the Garmin has released the Chirp in Australia today. You should see it on JAS website within the next day or so with stock to arrive in the next week. Priced at $25 AUD + p&p


About time, I rang JAGPS at the beginning of the month and had a stand up argument with the guy as to whether there was even such a thing.

Pricing is still a bit steep. My (and others that I purchased for) Chirps arrived here today landed for $24.50 at the old US exchange rate around 96c. I would have thought JAGPS would be able to do them at the Garmin retail of $22 considering the exchange rate.



I thought I saw them on Garmins site listed at $25 AUD i.e Garmins RRP in Australia is $25.


16 November 10 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 11 February 07 9:53 pm
Posts: 1904
GCA Found: 123
GCA Hidden: 0
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Garmin Chirp
Fuddley wrote:
Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Fuddley wrote:
Just had conformation that the Garmin has released the Chirp in Australia today. You should see it on JAS website within the next day or so with stock to arrive in the next week. Priced at $25 AUD + p&p


About time, I rang JAGPS at the beginning of the month and had a stand up argument with the guy as to whether there was even such a thing.

Pricing is still a bit steep. My (and others that I purchased for) Chirps arrived here today landed for $24.50 at the old US exchange rate around 96c. I would have thought JAGPS would be able to do them at the Garmin retail of $22 considering the exchange rate.



I thought I saw them on Garmins site listed at $25 AUD i.e Garmins RRP in Australia is $25.


I was refering to Garmin US @ $22 with a dollar for dollar exchange rate (well almost) you think they would be at parity.

As CR points out that is not allways the case.


16 November 10 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.