Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Whitepaws9
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by Whitepaws9 » 27 September 17 9:51 pm

Hello there I'm from Geelong.
[/ :gnomette :griffin color]

TeamThomson

Post by TeamThomson » 25 May 19 6:31 pm

Hi everyone!
So excited to get back into geocaching after a period of about 10-11 years.
We used to take our kids out, now most of them have kids and now I can play with them.
I am in Appin, NSW with some kids local, some living in the Sydney CBD and one in Central West NSW so Im looking really forward to getting out and about.
I’m also hoping not much has changed in the GC world as I’m getting older and less techno savvy.
Sharryn

baby&Mrs gopher

Post by baby&Mrs gopher » 26 May 19 11:32 am

After a long while we thought it was time to do a bit of reading and say G'day to all. We are still at The Rock NSW
Over the last couple of years we thought it is time to make geocaching social. Last year it was Barcaldine QLD to Dunsborough WA to attend events in 7 days between each. Managed to cache all states and territories in 4and a half months. We both find it awesome to catch up and see and yarn with all who play the game. Take care from bazzanne

Coparugby

Post by Coparugby » 31 August 19 9:26 pm

I’ve just started geocaching after I realised I’m out and about all around the ACT every weekend so I may as well add the geocaching dimension for a bit of extra fun.

All good so far and see you all out and about!

LiamsmithEz

Post by LiamsmithEz » 31 August 19 10:52 pm

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cachechaser

Post by cachechaser » 07 September 19 7:42 pm

Northern Suburbs - Melbourne.

Found my first cache today with my nephew. We had so much fun. Can’t wait to get out there again.

Matydb

Post by Matydb » 19 September 19 9:14 pm

Hi everyone,

Mat from Melbourne. I’ve been getting into hiking and recently stumbled upon geocaching. Signed up today and intrigued to learn more about it.

Cheers,

Mat

MzHysterical

Post by MzHysterical » 24 September 19 8:55 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm from Kilmore, new to geocaching. Even tho a series of geocaches, today was the first time visiting the actual spots to check on the boxes after being out for a little over a year.
Can anyone offer any help or advice, on it all will be greatly appreciated. Any feed back to if you have done any of my caches on how to improve on the boxes or gps locations being off, how to manage missing caches etc. It is The Lancefield and Kilmore Railway Series(LKR), owned by the Romsey Lancefield Districts Historical Society Inc.
:D Kylie McKay

TBU1Bikesu

Post by TBU1Bikesu » 17 November 19 4:19 pm

I used to cache as bikesu, but as hubby is also a member, we adjusted our names to be Team Bikesu Uwe001 to TBU1Bikesu and TBU2Uwe001. So we sign the logsheets with TBU.

I was born in Australia, but grew up in Germany. Since 2006 we live in Queensland, and since 2015 we are Geocachers. We enjoy those places where the caches lead us.

I had to re-activate my membership here for the Turd Trail Track near Blackall, and am now looking forward to caching the Australian caches.

Yet I have to get used to this website.

Cheers Susanne

DudleyGrunt
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gc.unlimited/

Post by DudleyGrunt » 24 May 20 11:14 am

Hello, everyone.

I'm in Jessup, Maryland, USA (near Washington, DC). I joined up here in 2012 and did a few LC's over the next few years. I checked and, for some reason, I never posted to this thread back then.

During this COVID-19 lock down time, I've come back and have been doing more as I've been working toward logging my 1000th "alt-cache". Since soon after I started geocaching in 2006, I've been intrigued that there were even more geocaches out there then even most geocachers are aware of. If geocaching is sort of a "secret" game (or maybe it used to be) in a world of muggles, the alternative caching sites are like a whole other level. Though, I get the feeling that GCA is much more accepted among Australian cachers than other sites are around the world.

I'm also getting back into TerraCaching and OpenCaching North America. I was an active admin / volunteer with the latter for several years, but have now let others take on the primary reigns to the site.

I recently published my first GCA cache and hope to create more down the road.

Thanks and Happy Trails!

#NOVID19

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 27 May 20 9:37 pm

Welcome DudleyGrunt. I hope you've been able to enjoy the huge influx of isolation locationless caches that have popped up on GCA.
Its a great community here. And, yes, this is like the premium of premium geocaching. There's some real treasure to be found here. I hope you can make it to Australia one day to find some physical geocaches too.

DudleyGrunt
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gc.unlimited/

Post by DudleyGrunt » 04 June 20 12:36 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:
27 May 20 9:37 pm
Welcome DudleyGrunt. I hope you've been able to enjoy the huge influx of isolation locationless caches that have popped up on GCA.
Its a great community here. And, yes, this is like the premium of premium geocaching. There's some real treasure to be found here. I hope you can make it to Australia one day to find some physical geocaches too.
Thanks. Yes, been enjoying the LCs, particularly Smittengranny's LP series since it's well timed with my recently getting a new turntable and working on listening thru my collection for the first time in many years.

And would like to get down there sometime. For now, I'll have to live vicariously thru one of my first two geocoins that did make it there in 2008 thanks to daysix.

Happy Trails!

Hobes

Post by Hobes » 16 August 21 5:21 pm

G'day

Hobes is the handle, live in the South west of Sydney, Hot LGA, :roll:

Been cache finding since way back when, now teaching my youngest one Mia the fun n games of treasure hunting.

we,ve found a few local ones and didnt find some as well, maybe not there or just lost. but thats the fun of it.

before all this Delta rubbish, i even re-visited an old find all the way up Hill End. Still there, which was great to see, and low n behold, the little treasure i left a little ways off was still there too.

gotta love treasure hunting.. :D

anyways Hobes and Mia will sneak out when we can :-$ , look for more and try to stay safe.

to all you in Cov 19, stay safe :D

catch you out there one day

HnM

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 17 August 21 7:07 am

Hi Hobes and Mia.

I hope you can get out to "exercise" finding caches near home.
Just remember no geocache is worth risking personal health, other people's health, or your pocket. Take care out there and have fun. :D

Banjo16

Post by Banjo16 » 29 August 21 10:22 am

Hi Don from the NSW Nth coast.
I’ve got the Geocube app on my iPhone so how do I find a cache?