Big Brisbane Breakfast - 8 November - Tips & Tricks

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Wingaap
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Big Brisbane Breakfast - 8 November - Tips & Tricks

Post by Wingaap » 16 September 08 11:44 am

In the initial planning stage....date claimer

The second Big Brisbane Breakfast will be held on Saturday, 8 November 2008 at the Girl Guides' Hut - Jindalee (coords will be posted closer to the event). Many thanks to Mrs Nasty Steve for organising this :)
The day will start with (as you'd expect by the title) a Big Brisbane Breakfast. No menu selection this time....just the usual fare ie sausages, bacon, hash browns, eggs & tomato.

Our friends at the SES will help out with BBQs for the event.

Costing: TBA

Volunteers needed:
to help set up for the day,
to help cook (we have a chef - many thanks K8'n'Co),
presenters (your special topic)
to help clean up afterwards

Costing: TBA

Following the breakfast we'll have few tips and tricks presentations. Suggested topics:
know your gps,
paperless geocaching,
more

I'm open for suggestions here. Also there is a need for presenters. I have two at this stage. Please advise asap if you can help out. We have the use of a couple of data projectors [:)]

I'm hoping to get along someone like Johnny Appleseed to set up a display...show off the latest products. Anyone with contacts??

As catering has to be organised ie food purchased etc I'll need to know exact number 7/10 days prior to the event.

GCA bumper stickers will be available for sale on the day.

In addition there will be an auction or raffle (2 special geocoins so far) on the day. Donations??

All profits (I hope there will be a profit) from the BBB will go towards new GCA server. There will also be a donations bucket at the door.

More details as they become available.