[OT] - Game On Exhibition

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
cdmark
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

[OT] - Game On Exhibition

Post by cdmark » 14 June 08 10:07 am

For the lovers of arcade games and retrogaming I finally got around to seeing this exhibition at the ACMI centre in Melbourne last week. I thought that I would give those that may be interested in similar things a heads up.<p>
My brother and I had a great time here and easily lost a few hours. Most of the machines were able to be played and they had consoles from the Atari 2600 through to the current generation such as the Wii, PS3, and 360.<p>
One of the coolest things though was the 25 (roughly) actual upright arcade machines they had. All were on free play and you could get your hands sweaty on Defender, Pacman, Space Invaders, Berzerk, and Donkey Kong to name a few. All they needed was a smoke machine, sticky carpet and some Depeche Mode playing and you were transported back to 1982!<p>
They also had an original Pong and Space Wars arcade machines that unfortunately were not, or could not be powered up. Even the original prototype Atari 2600 was on display which was about the size of a coffee table.<p>

The exhibition is on until Sunday 13 July 2008.<p>
More information here:<p>
http://www.acmi.net.au/game_on.aspx