Frog Blindness Support Group

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
caughtatwork

Re: Frog Blindness Support Group

Post by caughtatwork » 18 December 11 8:55 pm

blossom* wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:We do do some form of moderation. Poor form.
and from that, I can only assume that "caughtatwork" is a caching name of a BOY! :-" :frogette
Oi! Boy frog if you don't mind. :frog

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 18 December 11 9:41 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
blossom* wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:We do do some form of moderation. Poor form.
and from that, I can only assume that "caughtatwork" is a caching name of a BOY! :-" :frogette
Oi! Boy frog if you don't mind. :frog
I do appologise your wonderfulness :frogette :frog

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 18 December 11 9:48 pm

Thanks and don't you forget it :frog :-"

Your SBA logs have been actioned too.

Taiko'sFamily

Post by Taiko'sFamily » 19 December 11 12:48 pm

Getting back on topic with a frog blindness story

Out :frog hunting - and letting the boy have the finds, told him the hint said it was behind a log, so while he poked around in the log I walked around the back and easily spotted the purple bison tube, behind a large stick, i even shifted the stick slightly and said come this way - "I can't see it" he says. You are almost on top of it, try again - he shifts the stick - "no its not here" - Now this is a frog with a motion detector, so it is currently croaking at him. You are almost on top of it - as his boots are 10cm away from it - keep looking. still can't find it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Eventually he got there and luckily after that actually managed some finds without us having to point to them.

canary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by canary » 19 December 11 2:49 pm

Taiko'sFamily wrote:Getting back on topic with a frog blindness story

Out :frog hunting - and letting the boy have the finds, told him the hint said it was behind a log, so while he poked around in the log I walked around the back and easily spotted the purple bison tube, behind a large stick, i even shifted the stick slightly and said come this way - "I can't see it" he says. You are almost on top of it, try again - he shifts the stick - "no its not here" - Now this is a frog with a motion detector, so it is currently croaking at him. You are almost on top of it - as his boots are 10cm away from it - keep looking. still can't find it. :lol: :lol: :lol: Eventually he got there and luckily after that actually managed some finds without us having to point to them.
Glad you enjoyed the hunt. It would have filled in some time at that rate!

s_mc500
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by s_mc500 » 21 December 11 9:22 am

caughtatwork wrote:
s_mc500 wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:I've been blindsided 5 times so far.
http://geocaching.com.au/cacher/caughtatwork/dnf
1 of which was actual frog blindness and 4 were people who beat me to the frog.
I reckon s_mc500 and themd hide at the end of the street and when they see me come along, they jump out, grab the frog and watch, laughing from their car.
Curse you s_mc500 and themd :-"
Maybe, but I don't have a car...

At least there's 3 fairly active frog hunters in the area, I can see if there were only two then could be long waits for another move.
Bike then. Or lawn mower. I still think you watch and jump of just as I turn the car up the street. I'll get you my pretty, and your little frog too.
I've got a car now so should be able to increase my frog hunting radius from the 10km or so I did on the bike, plus I can sit in the car and wait for c@w to dnf :twisted: