Off to China! TB's welcome to come...

Other issues that relate to international Geocaching.
La Kedi
6000 or more caches found

Off to China! TB's welcome to come...

Post by La Kedi » 08 August 07 8:46 am

If you've got a TB that would like to visit China, I'm heading there some time in September and would be happy to make suitcase room. Don't expect it back anytime soon though - I'll be gone a year or more. Cheers!

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 08 August 07 10:14 am

Are you an Olympic athlete? :shock: :lol:

I would like to send some geocoins overseas to China if you can make some room. I'm thinking of some Aussie themed coins would be appropriate :lol:

BTW can you translate to Chinese as i would like to make sure that my descriptions have English and Chinese explanations. :D I would prefer a person to translate rather than a website to get more accurate sentences. :lol:

mm

La Kedi

Post by La Kedi » 08 August 07 6:08 pm

Hmm, is there a geocaching Olympics? Nope, my idea of sport is getting from bed to the breakfast table - I'm taking over as Director of an English school there, and thus, unfortunately, speak not a word of Chinese. I do know people who can help you out, though, so feel free to send me the translations.

And yes, I'm sure I have room for a few coins!

Map Monkey

Post by Map Monkey » 08 August 07 6:19 pm

Thanks. :P

mm

fehrgo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by fehrgo » 08 August 07 11:21 pm

Which part of China are you headed to?

For Chinese geocaching info, check out http://bbs.100gps.com/forum-56-1.html . It will also give you an excuse to practice your Chinese.

Have fun in China!

La Kedi

Post by La Kedi » 11 August 07 3:52 pm

I'll be based in Tianjin, which is about an hour southeast of Beijing. And I'm hoping I can learn Chinese quickly!

fehrgo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by fehrgo » 12 August 07 3:12 am

Ah, on a recent trip to China I was seated next to a businessman from Brisbane who had a factory in Tianjin. He said it wasn't too bad a place to spend time in, and that it was modernizing quickly. He manufactured market stalls if I recall correctly.

You'll be a bit short on geocaches in the area though. You had better take some books to read :) English bookstores can be few and far between. I've only seen one in Beijing, and that was in the consulate district where it could be expected to be found.