TB Race

Other issues that relate to international Geocaching.
The Southseakers

TB Race

Post by The Southseakers » 23 June 05 10:42 pm

G'day cousins from down under! :D

I hear that there is a lovely cache named 'Paluma' in a place just between Bambaroo and Rollingstone, called Witt's Lookout, which is about a quarter of the way down from the pointy bit on the east coast of your beautiful country.

How I would love to visit that gorgeous area but, alas, I am stuck on the south coast of England. 8)

I was wondering whether any of you good folk would like to visit it for me and retrieve this cache and if there just happen to be any travel bugs there you might like to hop on a plane and run them on back to the UK. Oh, by the way, did I mention that my bug, Anoraknophobia, might be in there and, oh yes, it is taking part in a TB race. :wink: It is also one of the few that haven't actually moved since April :cry:

I may also have forgotten to say that if your plane stops for refuelling then you will need to nip out of the airport and log the bug through a cache in that country - part of the rules I am afraid!

You can visit the race page at http://dontgohere.nu/caching/TB-race.htm

I thank you for reading my post and hope that some kind person will be able to help me! :wink:

Jo from the Southseakers

crew 153
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 23 June 05 11:52 pm

I think you will have to be pretty optimistic if you think it will move too quickly. This cache requires a 3km walk in an area where there are not many cachers. It has only had 4 finds since October and they were all and probably the only "locals" (except Bob Smith, who left the TB there). The chances of a tourist visiting is pretty slim.

Post by Guest » 24 June 05 2:24 am

Oh. :cry:

Having said that, only 6 of the original 29 placed in the Townsville area are stuck, having not moved a mile since placement. Some have even made it back to the Isle of Man off the English coast so there is some hope!

Have you found it crew 153? Perhaps you might like to? :wink:

crew 153

Post by crew 153 » 24 June 05 10:02 am

Only 1185km from Brisbane. Just a short drive. :) The other TBs were moved by only two people who took sympathy on them and got them moving. I helped one from the Queensland Winter Picnic. Good luck to all of them. It was not the best location to start them all off from.

crew 153

Post by crew 153 » 24 June 05 10:15 am

Looking at the race progress, I am surprised that you are accepting that the Isle of Wight is not in the UK.

Post by Guest » 25 June 05 12:18 am

It was the Isle of Man. The Isle of Wight most definitely is in the UK. :)

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 25 June 05 12:21 am

All I can say is if I found a number of bugs in an out of the way cache would grab the lot then distribute them someone more evenly about the state. But this one is about 3 days drive from here so will pass on it 8)

Post by Guest » 25 June 05 1:54 am

Only three days??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Southseakers

Post by The Southseakers » 22 July 05 10:06 pm

BelKen - you are a wonderful person. Thank you for taking the time to rescue our poor bugs.

Tell me, is Western Australia regarded as a different country from Queensland? :wink:

Wouldn't you rather catch a flight to NZ or a different country from Oz??? - just a thought. :lol:

Thanks again - may you live long and be happy!!!

Jo