View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 26 April 17 6:56 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Canada Caching 
Author Message
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 26 May 08 6:04 pm
Posts: 482
Location: The Gong
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 0
Post Canada Caching
Does anybody know if any other website supplies the 'Cache Hidden Ranges' like this site does? I am trying to prepare a database for a trip to Canada soon. All help appreciated.

Thanks!


30 April 13 12:02 pm
Profile
Online
User avatar

Joined: 19 December 06 9:57 am
Posts: 1869
Location: Weston Creek, Canberra
GCA Found: 380
GCA Hidden: 6
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Canada Caching
As you might have seen there is ALOT of caches there, surely it would be better scale down your PQ to along route or what I did pregenerate a whole bunch of GPX files for different areas then copy to GPS the previous day.

This would need some device to copy or edit your GPS files, I had a Android phone which I could copy my next days GPX file to my Dakota or with wifi create on the the fly.


30 April 13 12:26 pm
Profile
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 26 May 08 6:04 pm
Posts: 482
Location: The Gong
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 0
Post Re: Canada Caching
I was hoping to 'easily' download all of the caches into a GSAK database, and then be able to transfer them to my unit as necessary.


30 April 13 2:54 pm
Profile
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 08 August 09 12:04 pm
Posts: 724
Location: Melbourne, Australia
GCA Found: 215
GCA Hidden: 3
100 GCA Finds
Post Re: Canada Caching
you know there are over 100,000 caches in Canada right?
http://project-gc.com/CacheStats/topnum ... ton=Filter


30 April 13 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 26 May 08 6:04 pm
Posts: 482
Location: The Gong
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 0
Post Re: Canada Caching
LouiseAnn wrote:
you know there are over 100,000 caches in Canada right?


Only 31,000 in British Columbia though http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=64

That's less than a week's worth of pocket queries!


30 April 13 6:30 pm
Profile
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 04 April 03 6:37 pm
Posts: 913
Location: Hoppers Crossing, VIC
GCA Found: 38
GCA Hidden: 0
Post Re: Canada Caching
Hoojar wrote:
LouiseAnn wrote:
you know there are over 100,000 caches in Canada right?


Only 31,000 in British Columbia though http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=64

That's less than a week's worth of pocket queries!


If you know where you are going to be, you can use GSAK's "Geocaching.com access/Get geocaches..." feature, centred on each of those places and out to 50km. Premium members are allowed 6,000 caches per day this way. Effectively instant PQs!


30 April 13 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail ICQ WWW
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found
User avatar

Joined: 26 May 08 6:04 pm
Posts: 482
Location: The Gong
GCA Found: 0
GCA Hidden: 0
Post Re: Canada Caching
maccamob wrote:
Hoojar wrote:
LouiseAnn wrote:
you know there are over 100,000 caches in Canada right?


Only 31,000 in British Columbia though http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?state_id=64

That's less than a week's worth of pocket queries!


If you know where you are going to be, you can use GSAK's "Geocaching.com access/Get geocaches..." feature, centred on each of those places and out to 50km. Premium members are allowed 6,000 caches per day this way. Effectively instant PQs!


Perfect thank you!


01 May 13 11:59 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.