Malaysia and Singapore

Other issues that relate to international Geocaching.
JustinCBR
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Malaysia and Singapore

Post by JustinCBR » 13 September 10 11:11 am

I am heading over to Malaysia and Singapore for a reunion for ex-students/staff of RAAF school Penang. Since thousands of Aussies passed through the school over the years, I am wondering if there are any other cachers who might be heading over? Also, is there anyone else that has any tips for caching in either Singapore or Malaysia? I am flying into Singapore and then traveling overland to Penang over 5 days, so I am hoping to have time to grab a few caches along the way.

Justin

psychokat
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Re: Malaysia and Singapore

Post by psychokat » 13 September 10 3:29 pm

There's a cache in Singapore airport that's a quick find http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... a5cef15ae7

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 13 September 10 6:17 pm

Cheers for that cache! I was wondering how to keep my geostreak going when travelling from Sydney to London next year, now I know! \:D/

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 13 September 10 11:26 pm

psychokat wrote:There's a cache in Singapore airport that's a quick find http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... a5cef15ae7
And don't forget that there's also a GCA virtual at Changi Airport: http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga0472

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 13 September 10 11:38 pm

Yeah that's my virtual at the airport. If on the right side of the terminal grab it. I also grabbed a couple in Singapore but without transport when I was there a few years ago it wasn't that easy to get big numbers on a day visit. Still I enjoyed the day.

psychokat
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by psychokat » 14 September 10 9:21 am

Bugger I wish I knew their was a virtual at Changi airport I would have found it. I spend a week in Cambodia and every single cache I went for had muggles right on top of them and I only managed two in singpore when I had my stoppover. I was going to do all the caches around Fort Canning but only managed to get Sally Port again due to muggles and construction. It was a nice walk around the hill though.

VikingOlly
Twitter: Vikingolly

Post by VikingOlly » 10 June 13 10:19 pm

There is a little chain of caches around the new port area, that are un-related but an easy-ish walk in the heat. Many ACT cachers are logged here!

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 11 June 13 9:06 am

depending how long your there for if a few days then get a pre-paid sim card so you can use 3G data and use Google transist to plan your trip from A to B as this may save you ALOT of walking and in the heat over there thats a good think.

BTW there is a nice bunch around the Marina Sands area and try to get to the Chinese Cemetery multi well worth doing.