Caching in Darwin

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
Trezurs*-r-*fun

Caching in Darwin

Post by Trezurs*-r-*fun » 27 February 06 11:54 am

I'm travelling to the Arnhemland but have a two day stop-over in Darwin. While there I definately plan on visiting some caches. I have promised to drop off a TB trying desperately to get to Australia. HELP! Which caches are most recommended. What else should I see while there. I'm not a world traveller as my chosen profession barely pays my bills and keeps my 2 young daughters in swim lessons . So while I have this once in a life time opportunity I want to make the most of my stay. Any help/recommendations would be most appreciated.

Happy Caching !!!

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 28 February 06 1:49 pm

I was in Darwin a bit over a year ago and enjoyed finding all the caches in easy reach of town. If you have a car or other transport make sure you head out towards Sitawhile and Cyclone Watch for the scenery, they are still in the city area. I see Sitawhile has been taken offline but even if it isn't there the spot is worth a visit anyway.

Darwin Dawdle takes you for a nice tour but would be tricky if you don't have wheels.

GeoWombats
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by GeoWombats » 09 March 06 4:53 am

My personal favourite is Rock On and all of the necessary gear will be supplied to you so there is no need to have special expertise.
I haven't checked out Terrortorian's latest caches (the Get out of Town series) but they are worth checking out especially if you want to be near decent food sources while caching.
In the CBD go for Darwin Dawdle.
The walk for Fairweather Friends is rather pleasant [and close to good cups of coffee and the NT Museum & Art Gallery which is a worthwhile visit] and on the way to Sitawhile and the caches in that area. Probably too far to walk from the CBD area but excellent if you have a bicycle handy.

Donna