Help finding caches

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
mudlark

Help finding caches

Post by mudlark » 25 November 05 12:35 pm

Hi, folks.

Not being half the nerd most of my caching buddies are, I can't quite seem to figure out how to use an Australian address to find caches near the hotels my wife and I will be staying at during our visit from 11 to 23 Dec :oops: . Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 25 November 05 12:44 pm

Just plug in the postcode on gc.com to do a search for nearest caches as you would for the USA. Australian postcodes are 4 digits and can be found on the Australia Post Website here

The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by The Garner Family » 25 November 05 3:20 pm

Or tell us where you're staying and someone will be happy to recommend some good ones near there.

mudlark

Post by mudlark » 26 November 05 3:55 am

I'm impressed! Thanks to both for the speedy response. I'll try using postal codes first, but may come back to Garner Family for more help.

Thanks very much!

mudlark

Success!

Post by mudlark » 01 December 05 4:07 am

Thanks to both for pointing me in the right direction. I've had great success now plotting out some caches. We're visiting Melbourne, Alice Springs, Cairns and Sydney between 11 and 23 Dec and looking forward to including caching in our trip. Hopefully we'll get to meet some fellow cachers, too.

Cheers!