Event or gang caching anyone?

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
NawtyTheCanuck
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Event or gang caching anyone?

Post by NawtyTheCanuck » 05 October 05 10:39 pm

<p>I have been watching for a geo-event we can attend while visiting OZ. No picnics or pubnights? Any local cachers interested in teaming up with a couple of Canucks?</p>
<p>
Weekend plans include:<br>
Manly or Dangar Island - 15 & 16 Oct (arrival), 22 & 23 Oct, 10 & 11 Dec, 17 Dec (departure) <br>
Canberra - 29 & 30 Oct, 5 & 6 Nov <br>
Melbourne - 12 & 13 Nov <br>
Adelaide - 19 & 20, 26 & 27 Nov <br>
Orange - 4 Dec<br>
</p>
<p>
There is some flexibility in the itinerary. </p>

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 05 October 05 11:14 pm

Events are something that can be planned as a reason comes up. Adelaide 26/27 Nov I am busy but you indicate the weekend before so I am happy to organise a cache event. Or are your dates more the arrival/departure time - in which case a mid week event will be planned for a restaurant.

Where are you staying in Adelaide and do you have transport? I am sure we can plan something while you are here. PM me the details.

As for the Sydney end of the trip, Dangar Island will have great scenery if you want to sit and relax. Manly will have lots more (as opposed to any) nightlife. Depends what you want.

Cheers

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 06 October 05 12:04 am

I believe we are expecting a dinner on 7 dec in Adelaide. Details when the cache is approved.

NawtyTheCanuck
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by NawtyTheCanuck » 06 October 05 12:25 am

7 Dec, eh? Too bad. That doesn't help us as we expect to be in NSW by then.

Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Webguy » 06 October 05 9:52 am

Aint it about time Sydney had an Event Christmas bash somewhere? How about an australia wide one, each state has one on the exact same night in the capital cities and other major areas?

roostaman
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 06 October 05 6:06 pm

If you call Wagga Wagga a "other major area" then I think we could arrange one here too. What a top idea.

And if the Canucks wanna stop over in Wagga between Canberra & Melbourne, we could definitely fill in a couple of days for them here too.

Roostaman

Webguy

Post by Webguy » 06 October 05 8:27 pm

I've started setting the wheels in motion, more to follow.

NawtyTheCanuck
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by NawtyTheCanuck » 06 October 05 10:54 pm

roostaman wrote:If you call Wagga Wagga a "other major area"
<p>We plan to drive the Sturt HWY and turn north inland to go between Adelaide and Orange. If we go by our present schedule we could be in Wagga Wagga for the weekend 3&4 Dec. and arrive in Orange a day or 2 later. </>
<p>Looks like a nice series to keep us busy there as well.</p>

Webguy

Post by Webguy » 06 October 05 11:01 pm

I now have organisers in most states, still chasing some others. Weekend of the 3rd / 4th of december was the probable date range. More to come.

Webguy

Post by Webguy » 07 October 05 9:43 am

Only one more state to organise at this point.

roostaman

Post by roostaman » 07 October 05 9:50 am

Woo hooo.........
Party in Wagga with cannucks & all of auatralia at the same time....
Must be a record.
Webbie, will this be 1 event - or will each site need to set up separate events ? Can an event be attended at multi-locations?
Roosta

Webguy

Post by Webguy » 07 October 05 9:57 am

Seperate events is what I envisage.

Leaning towards the 3rd december at this point.

rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 07 October 05 11:45 am

NawtyTheCanuck wrote:
roostaman wrote:If you call Wagga Wagga a "other major area"
<p>We plan to drive the Sturt HWY and turn north inland to go between Adelaide and Orange. If we go by our present schedule we could be in Wagga Wagga for the weekend 3&4 Dec. and arrive in Orange a day or 2 later. </>
<p>Looks like a nice series to keep us busy there as well.</p>
What is your planned route between Canberra and Melbourne?<br><br>What sort of vehicle will you be travelling in?

NawtyTheCanuck
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by NawtyTheCanuck » 07 October 05 2:34 pm

rhinogeo wrote:What is your planned route between Canberra and Melbourne?<br><br>What sort of vehicle will you be travelling in?
<p>As we are touring and not rushing between Canberra and Melbourne we are considering Canberra, Batesman Bay and then along the coast to Melbourne.
</p><p>
As for a vehicle, something affordable and with fuel economy, automatic transmission and with air conditioning. Last time we visited Australia we hired a Ford Taurus. We are thinking smaller for this trip.</P>

SA_ParrotHead
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by SA_ParrotHead » 07 October 05 5:56 pm

Hi Webguy,
I wish you well organising your national dinner event and would be happy to assist in Adelaide.
I submitted a request on the 1st of October to hold a christmas meal at a venue for the 7th of December and it was archived as per this advise -
"Hi, I'm reviewing "Christmas at the Wakefield" for posting on geocaching.com. Unfortunately, I have archived your cache. It appears to be placed in Wakefield Hotel, which is a commercial location that charges an admission fee for entrance. Commercial caches are not permitted. Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or locations that sell products or services.
"<br>
I have reformated the cache to play down the fact it was in a hotel (I had organised a private dining room). I still havent recieved a response on whether it will go ahead. <br>
Today I removed all reference to Wakefield (which is a small pub that dosent charge entry)and changed the name to "Christmas in the city". Hopefully these changes will bring it in line with current policy and it will be approved.<br>
I set it up for the wednesday due to feedback I recieved last year (GCKXMM ) and was trying to set a regular dinner event for the first wednesday in December.
I have a booking and have organised a set menu but may have to cancel if meals events are no longer allowed.
Cheers SA Parrothead