Any volunteers?

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
Bronze

Post by Bronze » 26 September 04 10:15 am

I agree with Sparky and the Pig.

Why should it matter. I agree that this is geocaching only but considering this person may have difficulty with English it dosen't help to write in riddles.

The 3rd Degree only give Aussies and Geocachers a bad wrap.

Toolkits suggestion was a far better way to go about it I think.
Goedendag Marga,

Try a google search on 'aussie slang' and you'll find a few 'dictionaries' (if you can call them that..
The Bronze.

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 27 September 04 11:46 am

I've been busy over the weeking buiilding a deck so haven't been watching the forums.

Think positive...

It wasn't a third degree, just a clarification, and it gave Marga a chance to learn some more phrases and their meaning.

dak was being a bit more formal in his reply..

dak's Emu Mob
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 27 September 04 3:58 pm

riblit wrote:dak was being a bit more formal in his reply.
<p>
Now that I have re-read my previous reply, I admit I was brusque. I apologise for giving offence. I'm a suspicious sod--the Internet and spammers have done that to me.
<p>
However, lest some of you think I'm the Big Bad Wolf, I'd like to point out that I was the first to offer real help in the original thread, available here
<p>
Cheers,
<p>
dak

Marga

Post by Marga » 28 September 04 1:34 am

Thanks.. Maybe it's a stupid question but could someone explain to me what this site is really about? I typed 'Australian Forum' in at google, so I don't know what's this site is used for. :roll:

Cheers

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 28 September 04 3:38 am

Hi Marga, welcome to the forum :D

Put simply, Geocaching is a worldwide game dedicated to GPS (Global Positioning System) users that basically involves a GPS user hiding "treasure", normally a Tupperware type container containing at least a logbook and perhaps some swap items or trinkets for the kids, and publishing the exact coordinates at www.geocaching.com so other GPS users can come on a "treasure hunt" to find it. You can read more about it on their FAQ page.

Hope that's as clear as mud! :wink:

Mr Darcy

Post by Mr Darcy » 30 September 04 12:24 am

If you go to the "Hide and Seek a Cache" page on http://www.geocaching.com, you can type in your Latitude and Longitude, and it will show you the caches in your area. There are bound to be a few.<br>

By the way, a GPS receiver is not essential, just a really good idea. You can use mapping skills and/or local knowledge to help you find them, but its a LOT easier with a GPS

By way of example, There is a cache in Canberra ACT Australia called "Billy Goats Gruff". When you plot the co-ordinates on a map you find it coincides with a small foot bridge. Now Billy Goats Gruff is a well known childrens tale here where a troll jumps out from under a bridge and scares passing goats. So look under the bridge, and what do you find???

Mr Darcy

dak's Emu Mob

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 30 September 04 10:20 am

Mr Darcy wrote:There is a cache in Canberra ACT Australia called "Billy Goats Gruff". When you plot the co-ordinates on a map you find it coincides with a small foot bridge. Now Billy Goats Gruff is a well known childrens tale here where a troll jumps out from under a bridge and scares passing goats. So look under the bridge, and what do you find???
<p>
Thanks! I'll be up there in a few weeks. Now I'll know where to look! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<p>
Cheers,
<p>
dak

Mr Darcy

Post by Mr Darcy » 30 September 04 10:15 pm

<p>Ahh, but I didn't say which bridge, or which part of the bridge, or for that matter, how far under!<br>
Don't forget to bring your snorkel! :twisted: </p>

Mr Darcy

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 30 September 04 10:24 pm

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 11 December 04 4:37 pm

ToolkiT wrote: Be easy on her, the belgiums are the tassie's/queenslanders of Europe ;)
LOL, whatÂ’s that suppose to mean?? :? :(

Manta
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by Manta » 11 December 04 5:04 pm

Obviously Toolkit is getting BRISBANE and BRUSSELS mixed up. Hopefully he can zoom out on his GPSr map page and realise his mistake before he offends everyone on the planet!! :lol: :lol:

ToolkiT

Post by ToolkiT » 11 December 04 10:52 pm

Lt. Sniper wrote:
ToolkiT wrote: Be easy on her, the belgiums are the tassie's/queenslanders of Europe ;)
LOL, whatÂ’s that suppose to mean?? :? :(
It would take some time to explain that to a queenslander ;)

TEAM LANDCRUISER

Post by TEAM LANDCRUISER » 11 December 04 11:35 pm

<font color="blue"><font face="verdana"><b>Anyone use to watch that prominent Queenslander Jakie McDonald on 'Hey Hey it's Saturday' ....<p> "Folks are .... ...... . .... ...." :shock: <p>It's a joke right? :wink:

Post by Guest » 11 December 04 11:53 pm

I think the joke's on you guys. That's why you all keep flocking up here to take advantage of our sunshine and "unique" Gold Coast real estate deals!![:D]

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 12 December 04 7:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:I think the joke's on you guys. That's why you all keep flocking up here to take advantage of our sunshine and "unique" Gold Coast real estate deals!![:D]
:shock: Who said that??? :? [bends over to look under the bed]