Greetings from the UK

Coming To Australia??? Tell us your plans, ask us questions, You're bound to find an answer here.
The Mighty Skark

Greetings from the UK

Post by The Mighty Skark » 31 March 17 8:54 am

Hi all

My name is Mark (AKA The Mighty Shark) and my wife Susan (AKA magwai) are coming over to see you guys in August and our first port of call is Sydney, where we will be staying for three nights and we would love to meet some of you guys and possibly exchange a few trackables so what better way than to host an event but we could do with your help please.

I think our best days to host said event would be either Saturday 5th or Sunday 6th probably late afternoon or early evening and would like to know if anyone could suggest a suitable location? If it's indoors we would obviously like to get permission so if you could give us names of possible venues or even contact details that would be brilliant.

It could also be an outdoor event but would then obviously be weather dependant so would you think an outdoor event would be a good option and again suggest locations?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Mark

MavEtJu
Twitter: @mavetju

Re: Greetings from the UK

Post by MavEtJu » 31 March 17 4:15 pm

The Mighty Skark wrote: I think our best days to host said event would be either Saturday 5th or Sunday 6th probably late afternoon or early evening and would like to know if anyone could suggest a suitable location? If it's indoors we would obviously like to get permission so if you could give us names of possible venues or even contact details that would be brilliant.

It could also be an outdoor event but would then obviously be weather dependant so would you think an outdoor event would be a good option and again suggest locations?
My bet for the weather in August is wet. Also it will be dark early so keep that in mind if you do an outdoors event.

Post one (both here and there) and people will come.

Edwin

Furrhan
Twitter: FurrhanB

Post by Furrhan » 06 April 17 10:03 pm

Where are you heading other than Sydney? Coming down to Tassie at all?

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 07 April 17 9:11 pm

The Geocaching NSW Association AGM event is scheduled for Sunday the 6th of August. This normally takes place somewhere towards western Sydney from about 10am through to lunchtime. You are welcome to come along to that (once the brief formalities are completed it is open to all). We often get quite a few of the Sydney area cachers along to that, so if you want to hold your own event on that day it might be better to make it later in the day to get more attendees.

The Mighty Skark

Post by The Mighty Skark » 12 April 17 8:01 am

Furrhan wrote:Where are you heading other than Sydney? Coming down to Tassie at all?
Hi Furrhan. After Sydney we are heading to Alice springs and Uluru then up to Cairns then Melbourne then head off to New Zealand

The Mighty Skark

Post by The Mighty Skark » 12 April 17 8:06 am

Richary wrote:The Geocaching NSW Association AGM event is scheduled for Sunday the 6th of August. This normally takes place somewhere towards western Sydney from about 10am through to lunchtime. You are welcome to come along to that (once the brief formalities are completed it is open to all). We often get quite a few of the Sydney area cachers along to that, so if you want to hold your own event on that day it might be better to make it later in the day to get more attendees.
Hi Richary

Thanks for the invite but we have a trip to the Blue Mountains on that day so won't be around at that time of day unfortunately :cry:

Richary

Post by Richary » 12 April 17 8:51 pm

The Mighty Skark wrote:Hi Richary

Thanks for the invite but we have a trip to the Blue Mountains on that day so won't be around at that time of day unfortunately :cry:
Oh well, I guess that means your event won't clash :twisted: Enjoy the Blue Mountains, it's quite beautiful up there and you could probably spend 3 months up there without running out of caches!

The Mighty Skark

Post by The Mighty Skark » 13 April 17 5:57 am

Hi guys, following on from my initial post, I think we have decided on how to tackle our event and would appreciate any comments you may have regarding our desired location.

We are looking at hosting the event outside Sydney Opera House on the morning of Saturday the 5th of August and starting from either 10am or 11am and lasting for approximately 1 hour (give or take) :lol:

Would you think that would work guys or are there restrictions around there that would stop us from holding an event?

I still have time to create the event page because as you all know, I can't create it that far in advance.

Regards

Mark (The Mighty Shark)

Richary

Post by Richary » 13 April 17 9:05 pm

That area has been used for events before so it should be fine, I can't see anything scheduled for the area on that date that would mean it was closed off as happens occasionally. Though of course we are still a few months out. When it is listing time you could check

https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/events/whats-on.html

and search by date to make sure nothing has come up.

The Mighty Skark

Post by The Mighty Skark » 14 April 17 7:09 pm

Thanks for the link Richary. I will keep a check on it. :D.

Looking forward to meeting up with a few of you guys.

Furrhan
Twitter: FurrhanB

Post by Furrhan » 15 May 17 12:58 am

The Mighty Skark wrote:
Furrhan wrote:Where are you heading other than Sydney? Coming down to Tassie at all?
Hi Furrhan. After Sydney we are heading to Alice springs and Uluru then up to Cairns then Melbourne then head off to New Zealand
Oh well. I'll have to catch you on your next visit then!
Have a great trip!