[OT] - Smart Notebook

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Bronze

[OT] - Smart Notebook

Post by Bronze » 20 November 07 4:31 pm

Here is a little gem.

Smart Notebook
http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Supp ... efault.htm

I have been using this for the last two years to teach with. Not everyday but most days. It's a presentation software similar, but in my opinion much better than Powerpoint because it's quicker. It is extremely simple and fast to learn, runs effortlessly and very, very adaptable. The software is free to download and use. There is no trial period however a few features (like the interactive pens and rubber) will not operate until the computer recognizes an interactive board is attached.

I have just been to a two day workshop learning how to get the most out of it and in the two years I have been using it I have only scratched the surface. It is usually used in conjunction with an interactive whiteboard but can run stand alone simply through a projector which is how I used it my first six months.

It will display static images however can run video, sound, flash multimedia such as timers, dice, dissections and mini lessons. A huge number of websites in the US and UK are contributing to web based lesson you can download and run.

People here who may find this appealing.

* Teachers
* Instructors and other trainers
* Managers or marketing short on time
* Public relations people
* Parents helping kids with projects
* Community organizations (Presentations or Quiz nights)

Feel free to PM or Email me if you need assistance in using. I'm happy to help. It's very drag and drop even from web pages and other applications.

Bronze.
(And no I'm not getting paid for this endorsement. Just makes my life easier and it may make yours better too. I'm always looking for time saving software)