ipaq 2210

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

ipaq 2210

Post by Ebenezer » 09 January 04 11:51 am

Santa finally bought me an ipaq 2210 yesterday. I couldn't decide if this message should go here or in the announcements forum. :) Computer World ( http://www.cworld.com.au for your closest outlet) have them for $550, but no stock currently. If you need more instant gratification, Grace Bros want $630.

Ozi is soooo much faster than on my older Casio E-115, and you can actually read the screen outdoors!!! Santa also promised a data/power combo cable, but she hasn't ordered that yet.

Papa Bear_Left
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 09 January 04 1:26 pm

See? This is why you shouldn't be naughty.

If you'd been nice, Santa would've brought you a Palm Tungsten|T3 instead! :twisted:

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 09 January 04 2:35 pm

Santa doesn't play cruel jokes like that.

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 28 January 04 9:53 am

It's a sad sad day today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The direction keypad thingy on my ipaq has been stuffing up since the day I got it. I haven't been able to bring myself to return it before now, but I learned my lesson with my eTrex Venture and I am going to take my beepy diary back today. Hopefully they can exchange it, but worse case is that they might have to send it away to be repaired! :cry:

(The screen on my Venture started stuffing up about 10 months after I got it - I couldn't bring myself to be without it so I did nothing. Now it is out of warranty!!)

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 28 January 04 11:32 am

Sad, I have the Ipaq 5550 and no probs, thank the piggy god.
I suspect a good outlet would replace it with another new one being so young in the part?

I'd check with consumer affairs before you go, so youre loaded with ammo if they decide they want to send it to Mongolia for repairs in a hill tribe village.
i had this with a Mobile Phone, and they wanted to repair it, But consumers said I had the right to ask for New, after i did they supplied :)

Otherwise you might see it for next xmas ! (If the yaks dont go on strike)..

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 28 January 04 4:24 pm

I went back today to talk to them about it. The arrow thingys on the front are a bit crazy. If you press down you get between 0 and 3 downs. etc etc for other directions. They had a 2210 in the shop which exhibited exactly the same behaviour, and I have colleagues that have 2210s with similar problems.

On that basis I decided that a new unit might not be much better. They gave me the contact number for HP to talk to them about it. HP say they are not aware of any issues with the 2210, but they will ship me a replacement one and I can ship them my faulty one when the new one arrives. I guess this way I can see if the replacement one is any better, and keep my current one in the meantime.

As I said, Ozi rocks. All I need now is a larger CF card...

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 28 January 04 5:35 pm

Wow, HP rock by the sound of it !
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: It would be nice to see all dealers/suppliers etc take a note out of that book.
Check out Ebay for big arse CF cards.
1 gig CF are about 200-300 at the moment, and there is a few 2.2 Gig microdrives getting around for about 300 as well :)
I just bought a 256 Meg SD card for the Ipaq internal memory slot, 90 or so bucks US and it arrived in 3 days from the States ! (Geo.com eat your heart out)....

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 03 February 04 12:16 pm

It turns out that HP shipping me a replacement unit involves me going back to where I bought my faulty one (Harvey Norman's Technology Store in Sydney's Martin Place) and exchanging it. HN were extremely helpful, and I now have my replacement unit, which works very nicely.

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 01 December 04 10:07 pm

If you want cheap memory prices then look at www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au

ThatÂ’s where I get all my removable memory from and they have great service, products are parcel posted.

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 01 December 04 10:10 pm

GEES!!!!

I just read the Clive Peters mag and they had 1 gig SD cards for $800
DCW has them for $175....Didnt realise the retail shops priced up so much!

EDIT: It seems to be a mis-print, $849 - 1gig SD card.
Last edited by Lt. Sniper on 01 December 04 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 01 December 04 10:29 pm

Did the Venture ever get fixed?

I had problems with mine too, and it came good. BUT I did find some instructions on how to fix a known problem with the etrex's with joysticks.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 02 December 04 6:44 am

Lt. Sniper wrote:GEES!!!!

I just read the Clive Peters mag and they had 1 gig SD cards for $800
DCW has them for $175....Didnt realise the retail shops priced up so much!

EDIT: It seems to be a mis-print, $849 - 1gig SD card.
I just got a 1 Gig SD card from ebay for $122 Aus plus post and insurance, it ened up coming from the states... in my little camera it now gives me the capability of 600 photos, at 5 megapixals, or at 3megapixels I can get 1600 impages on it.

Papa Bear_Left

Post by Papa Bear_Left » 02 December 04 10:06 am

Oh, yes, card prices keep plummetting! (Yay!)

This mob, Exceltek, in Melbourne seem to be pretty good. I bought a couple of 1GB SD cards (for a little less than they're up there now, I notice...) recently, and Exceltek were very professional in their service.

The fast ones (60x) are really fast! Copying a whole heap of MP3s and videos onto it via a USB2 reader was a pleasant surprise after my old 256MB card.

Now the 256MB card is my spare MP3 card, the 128MB which used to do that is now in the Magellan with all the Oz and NZ maps and cache waypoints on it, and the 16MB card that used to be in the GPSr is... well... pretty useless really!

Lucanos

Post by Lucanos » 03 December 04 10:32 am

Bear_Left wrote:...and the 16MB card that used to be in the GPSr is... well... pretty useless really!
Is it an SD Card? Some of the GSM Camera Phones coming out use SD Cards or MMC Cards for storage (in addition to a standard SIM Card). Considering that most of those cameras are only about 1.3MP that would be enough capacity for a few shots.<br>
<br>
I actually saw someone off-loading a job-lot of about 10 x 16MB CF Cards through eBay the other day. If only you could weld them together it might have been a good deal for maybe $10.

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 03 December 04 11:02 am

All Cached Up wrote:Did the Venture ever get fixed?

I had problems with mine too, and it came good. BUT I did find some instructions on how to fix a known problem with the etrex's with joysticks.
Yes - they replaced it free of charge.