Geo2OZI convertor with great features

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
daz1950

Version 2.09.2

Post by daz1950 » 16 November 03 9:12 am

Hello Edwin<br>Sorry to be a pest but the program still does not save found caches after an update.<br>Or am I doing something wrong? :( <br>Thanks <br><br><br>Cheers, Darrell

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Version 2.09.2

Post by ClydeE » 16 November 03 10:15 am

daz1950 wrote:Hello Edwin
Sorry to be a pest but the program still does not save found caches after an update.Or am I doing something wrong? :(
Edwin?
Don't be sorry. It's a bug (or Microsoft unwanted feature :wink: ) It is good that you picked this up so others can benefit

Fix out soon.

Cheers
Clyde

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Great program

Post by ClydeE » 16 November 03 11:00 am

leek wrote:Hi Clyde,

I have just had my first look at geo2ozi and I must say that I'm impressed... I hadn't looked at it before as I don't use OziExplorer, but the non Ozi-features are now more than enough to make it appealing...

Any chance you could allow for export to Magellan WPT format as well. This would allow me to export the waypoints to the mapping product that comes with the Magellan (you may also want to do something similar for Garmin Mapsource) - If so, I'll try to get hold of the file format...
Hmmm, haven't been talking to David from Maccamob have we ? :wink:

I guess now is a good a time as any to let everyone know the future direction of Geo2ozi.

I have just about reached the limit I can do with OziExplorer specific features.

As you have kindly pointed out, the program is now also useful for non OziExplorer owners. It is these users I will now target, and slowly add new features for the wider geocaching community.

The user interface needs a complete overhaul – the offline screen will become the main screen, driven by menu options and tool bars. Unfortunately, pure OziExplorer users may see this as a backward step but I will not be taking anything away. It will just be different.

My final goal will be to produce a program that has the major features of Watcher, GPX spinner, EasyGPS (for direct upload to your GPS) and everything in Geo2Ozi. Of course, there will also be other unique features these programs donÂ’t have.

The name “geo2oziÂâ€

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 16 November 03 12:15 pm

WooHoo... Thanks Clyde... If you want the Magellan technical specs let me know...

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Version 2.09.3

Post by ClydeE » 16 November 03 12:39 pm

Hi All,

Just another small maintenace release

1. Fixed bug with "found" status being updated when it shouln't (see forum post)
2. Caches that were previously archived, then become available via the GPX import, now have the archived status automatically removed. When this happens a message will pop up showing the cache that has become available. There is an option in the config menu to stop this message if you find it anoying.

Download here http://members.iinet.net.au/~cwe/geo2ozi.htm

Cheers
Clyde

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 16 November 03 1:04 pm

Wow - it's going to be real interesting watching this 'baby' grow up! :wink:

jasy

Post by jasy » 16 November 03 7:20 pm

Team Stargazer wrote:Wow - it's going to be real interesting watching this 'baby' grow up! :wink:
There are people watching from as far as N57 44,7 E11 53,3 8)

daz1950

Changed again?

Post by daz1950 » 22 November 03 9:13 am

Doesn't seem to be working again with RobLisa GPX files. <br>New caches are not sent to Ozi and offline data base comes up with "Invalid variant type conversion". Thanks<br><br>Cheers, Darrell

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Changed again?

Post by ClydeE » 22 November 03 10:54 am

daz1950 wrote:Doesn't seem to be working again with RobLisa GPX
Seems to working ok here.

Please send my a copy of the GPX file you are trying to convert and I will take a look.

Team Stargazer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Team Stargazer » 23 November 03 8:06 pm

daz1950 wrote:Doesn't seem to be working again with RobLisa GPX files. <br>New caches are not sent to Ozi and offline data base comes up with "Invalid variant type conversion". Thanks<br><br>Cheers, Darrell
Also when converting, a small box appears asking you to enter a state as it claims that, quote: "RobLisa files have no state, please enter the state for t" (box not big enough for the rest of the message).

Also found caches are still not being displayed... :(

... apart from that I have no complaints :wink:

Keep up the great work there ClydE, it really is appreciated! :D

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 23 November 03 8:50 pm

Team Stargazer wrote: Also when converting, a small box appears asking you to enter a state as it claims that, quote: "RobLisa files have no state

Also found caches are still not being displayed... :(
Roblisa files do not contain the state (wa,nsw,vic etc), hence the reason for the box. This enables you to enter the correct state so your filters by state will work. You do not get this prompt with gc.com GPX files.

Also, Roblisa files do not contain the found status of your caches - there is nothing magical I can do to fix this. However, the latest version of Geo2ozi does allow you (see the config menu) to set your cache found status manually.

I have no association with geocaching.com but I do highly recommend becoming a premium member and getting the FULL GPX files. None of these issues arise if you use the GPX files from gc.com - there is whole lot more information in these files, the format is dependable, and the source is reliable.

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 26 November 03 6:30 pm

Hi Clyde,
It appears as though the offline database does not get cleared when you load a new GPX file and generate. So the caches from the new GPX file get mixed with the existing caches in the database. It did clear for me once, when I selected a new output WPT file I think, but now it's overwriting again.
Is there a way to clear the offline database manually?

Keep up the great work as always :)

Thanks
EcoDave :)

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 26 November 03 7:14 pm

Hi Dave
I think that if you go to: offline/config then click on repair, that may be what you are looking for
or maybe in the same place: delete
Andrew

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 26 November 03 7:41 pm

Dave,
It is doing what it is supposed to. If you want to clear the database you have to use the delete option under config on the offline page.

There is usually no need to clear it, you can use the filters to display the portion you want.

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 26 November 03 8:19 pm

riblit wrote:Dave,
It is doing what it is supposed to. If you want to clear the database you have to use the delete option under config on the offline page.

There is usually no need to clear it, you can use the filters to display the portion you want.
Thanks guys, missed that button :oops:

For me it's just easier to delete, that way I can't accidently miss caches with a wrong filter.

EcoDave :)