Geo2OZI convertor with great features

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: latest update

Post by ClydeE » 11 November 03 11:19 pm

riblit wrote:I have some caches where the watcher notes are not recognised
I did have problems with this conversion, as the format of the watcher GPX logs are slightly different to the gc.com logs - but I thought it was sorted out.

I suspect the watcher GPX file you are using has something in it that geo2ozi has not allowed for or seen before (the conversions are working ok here)

If you could send me a copy of the GPX file you are using, I'm sure I can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks
Clyde

daz1950

Geo2OZI convertor with great features

Post by daz1950 » 11 November 03 11:49 pm

I cannot run this version on either of my machines as I get an error in KRNL386.exe. <br>One is running WinME the other Win98. <br>I had no probs with V 2.7 Help please!<br>

Cheers, Darrell

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Ver 2.09 and win98 problem

Post by ClydeE » 12 November 03 1:31 am

daz1950 wrote:I cannot run this version on either of my machines as I get an error in KRNL386.exe. One is running WinME the other Win98.
Hmmm, I do not have ready access to a win98 machine so this one could take some time to sort out :(

In the mean time, I suggest you go back to the previous version:

1. Uninstall version 2.09
2. Delete the installation folder of geo2ozi
3. Re-install version 2.08

If you do not have a copy of version 2.08 you can download here http://members.iinet.net.au/~cwe/geo2oz ... ziV208.exe

daz1950

Re: Ver 2.09 and win98 problem

Post by daz1950 » 12 November 03 6:04 am

Thanks Clyde<br>I just reinstalled 2.7 over it and that is working again OK.<br><br>Cheers, Darrell

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 12 November 03 10:44 am

I just tried an install of 2.9 on a clean win98Se box here - same error message. Being win98 there is nothing helpful about the message.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 12 November 03 5:21 pm

Hey Clyde,

Geo2Ozi is looking fantastic!!! I've now setup my email server to automatically save pocket queries attachments from gc.com to disk. I've also written a script to synchronise those files down to my local machine, unzip them, do some GPX spinning (I use some template customisations) and launch Geo2Ozi for conversion to .WPT.

I was wondering if there are any command line options in G2O (if I may abbreviate) available to do a default (or specific) conversion in batch? That is, where G2O loads, does it's thing and closes without user intervention. It might also be useful to enable launching G2O directly in the offline database screen, or for automatically generating HTML etc... With something like that, I could automate almost the whole process (I'll add iSilo processing to the script soon, and I'll think about a way to automate upload to GPS and PDA) with one command.

Thanks for all your efforts, I've not seen any utility this actively developed for a while.

Cheers,
- Rog

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Post by ClydeE » 12 November 03 11:42 pm

Mind Socket wrote: I was wondering if there are any command line options in G2O- Rog
Currently no :(

However, I still have a lot more that I want to do with g2o. I have received many good suggestions - and this I would include in this category.

I tend to add features that I see as valuable to other users, and the more that want a particular feature, tend to get priority.

I don't like to be tied down to a deadline, but I would say this feature will pop up down the track.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 12 November 03 11:56 pm

k, no worries. I can live with clicking convert and close :)

Thanks,
- Rog

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Version 2.09.1

Post by ClydeE » 13 November 03 12:32 am

Hi all,

A quick update to address some issues:

1. Fixed Windows 98 compatibility problem
2. Fixed problem with watcher notes import
3. Added Archive "toggle" and filter

If you had previously imported watcher GPX files that contained notes, you will need to delete your offline database (config screen, select "delete all" button) then re convert your GPX files

You can now set/unset the archive status of a cache. (right mouse click) Archived caches will display the description, distance, and bearing in the colour as set in the config screen. You can also set filters on this status.

Download here http://members.iinet.net.au/~cwe/geo2ozi.htm

Cheers
Clyde

daz1950

Version 2.09.1

Post by daz1950 » 13 November 03 10:44 am

Thanks very much Clyde.<br>
Now working great in Win98se and ME. :D <br>
A really great program!! <br><br>Cheers, Darrell

daz1950

Version 2.09.1

Post by daz1950 » 13 November 03 6:04 pm

Checking "Manual update of cache found status" does not stay checked.<br>At least in Win98 anyway and the next download of gpx files erases the found status.<br>Thanks Clyde<br><br>Cheers, Darrell

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Re: Version 2.09.1

Post by ClydeE » 13 November 03 6:15 pm

daz1950 wrote:Checking "Manual update of cache found status" does not stay checked. The next download of gpx files erases the found status.
Thanks Darrell. (this would apply to all operating systems)

I'll try to get out a fix tonight

Cheers
Clyde

ClydeE
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found

Version 2.09.2

Post by ClydeE » 13 November 03 11:56 pm

Hi all,

Another maintenance release:

1. Fixed "manual update of cache found status" problem with status not being saved and restored
2. Added GPS symbol for Archived Caches
3. Simplified display or Archived Caches
4. Archived caches now show in OziExplorer in a different colour

The display of archived caches in the offline view has changed. To keep things simple, the cache code is the only field that now changes colour (as set in the config menu). This same colour is now used in OziExplorer to indicate a cache is archived. It may not be perfect, but I can change as user feedback dictates.

Please note: as the GPX files do not contain archived caches, the only time a WPT fle will contain waypoints with archived caches is when you generate one from the offline database (assuming you have manually set some caches to archived)

Download here http://members.iinet.net.au/~cwe/geo2ozi.htm

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 14 November 03 8:25 am

That's good Clyde. Archived takes precedence over found which is ok.
A suggestion if you haven't already thought of it - clear the archive flag if and when the cache reappears in the GPX file. Sometimes a cache is temporally archived for maintenance or road workers closing an entrance road etc.

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Great program

Post by leek » 15 November 03 2:14 pm

Hi Clyde,

I have just had my first look at geo2ozi and I must say that I'm impressed... I hadn't looked at it before as I don't use OziExplorer, but the non Ozi-features are now more than enough to make it appealing...

A few suggestions that would make it even better for me:
- The smartname option only seems to apply to the conversion to Ozi format is that right? Could you allow the smartname option when importing a GPX file so that the smart names are visible in the Offline mode.
- Could you also allow the saving of a GPX file (as either GPX or LOC file format) so that the smartnames can be saved for uploading to GPS...
- Any chance you could allow for export to Magellan WPT format as well. This would allow me to export the waypoints to the mapping product that comes with the Magellan (you may also want to do something similar for Garmin Mapsource) - If so, I'll try to get hold of the file format...

Thanks for a great product...