Paperless for PocketPC

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
dak's Emu Mob
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Re: How to Find GPX Files

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 19 November 03 9:49 am

G'day Again,

Thanks for the information. I've become a Premium Member (was considering it for some time, but this was the spur). However, I still can't find any information about how to download GPX files from gc.com.

I have visited roblisa.com, and I love the user interface, and the potential of downloading cache information, however, like others, I have found that the GPX file produced does not seem to work with GPXSonar. I have logged a "support call" with Rob.

The obvious place to get the information I need is contact@geocaching.com, but SpamCop won't let me send mail to them. The far end is apparently rejecting my email because my SpamCop thinks the BigPond email server is a spam agent. :(

So, the questions are: How do I download GPX files from gc.com? What is the best PocketPC application for reading them: GPXSonar or GPXView?

By the way, my posts seem to be displaying as one continuous paragraph, regardless of the way I draft them. Sorry about that, but it's not my fault. Do I need to put HTML paragraph tags in? Surely not. Any help in that area would also be appreciated.

Cheers,

dak

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 19 November 03 11:20 am

Hi Dak,

Assuming that you've activated your geocaching.com membership by typing in the activation code sent to you (begins with S-) then you should see some additional stuff at the top of the "My Cache Page" page... under the heading Premium Member Services.

You need to click on the link that says Visit the Pocket Query Generator to set up your query to generate the GPX file that you want... These queries do not run online and the results will be sent to your e-mail account some time during the next 24 hours (assuming you set it up to run every day)... GPX is not the default file format, so make sure that you select GPX from the available formats...

I use GPXview to read the GPX files on my Pocket PC, but I haven't managed to try GPXSonar yet.

To stop the reformatting of your posts in this forum, click on the box below the message that says Disable HTML in this post...

Hope this helps...

dak's Emu Mob

Re: How to Find GPX Files

Post by dak's Emu Mob » 19 November 03 1:38 pm

I have now found the Pocket Query Generator. I must be having a blonde day; it couldn't be much clearer (or prominent) on My Cache Page.

Thanks for the advice.

And thanks for the tip on getting my posts to look normal.

Cheers,

dak